New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Having Problems or Issues with XML Demo Content Upload? Try This Solution

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 311 total)
    NeutrinoTeam

I think you should make an SQL dump version for everyone who wishes to just import to their fresh installed wordpress, that will replace all DB.
    We can change URLS and admin user ourselves. This will definitely be the fastest way.

The problem with the demo content is not the size of the XML and not with the theme, it is with wordpress import plugin, which turns each line to sql query which makes it super slow and resource killer.

I would appreciate if you could post here an sql dump of your demo site, and we will be able to import it directly into our DB’s

Thanks

blueocto

@NeutrinoTeam

If you look back over the discussion, I’ve already posted a quick solution which includes SQL dumps:

Hey guys,

I had plenty of issues with this also… and I’m a Web Developer!

I’ve wrote a quick post about it, and actually just did a fresh install, added the plugins/theme and managed to get the content in.

So you can download the FTP-related files and the Database Export files, at my website here:

http://www.caroline-murphy.co.uk/swiftideas-neighborhood-wordpress-theme-woocommerce-content/

Any feedback would be appreciated, to help others in this situation!

sasha

@blueocto

First of all, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Your dumps really helped me.

There is only small issue found so far – entries in the menus are repeated 3 times, so I had to remove them manually one by one

blueocto

Your welcome @sasha – I hope it helps someone!

Thanks for letting me know of the issues, I will hope to update the dB dumps soon.

Tomglover

@hunch is there a mac application that will do the same thing as 7zip?

Hunch

@Tomglover

Yes there’s actually a few unofficial ones. You can try:
    * Keko http://www.kekaosx.com/en/ (free)
    * iPackr https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/38498/ipackr (free, get the iPack mac store app for password files)

There’s also Archiver which is a paid app: http://archiverapp.com
    There used to be a couple of others (7zX etc) but they stopped developing them a couple of years ago, so give these a shot.

Good luck!

eccesso

Hi anyone, who’s experiencing problems uploading the “large” XML Demo Content file.

I’ve been involved in this discussions since the beginning of the discussions regarding “uploading the “full content XML_demo_content_file”. And believe me…it is not worth trying and wasting your time uploading the “FULL XML_demo_content_version”!….And why this?
    Well my own experiences were exacty the same as yours, namely…:Will I be able to design my web or whatever I may do – exactly the way it looks like from the authors of the theme? – Have I uploaded everything or am I missing any content or crucial files? etc. etc. etc.
    If you succeed in uploading the “”SMALL” XML_demo_content_version”, this file will meat all your needs to make a precise copy of the Neighborhood_theme! You wont miss anything which isn’t there already.
    What your concerns merely may be be focused on – is to access the php.ini file – and change the preferences in this file to make the XML demo content be uploaded to your WP_setup! Follow the instruction guidelines from the theme’s setup manual, and everything will work perfectly perfect.
    The “SMALL xml demo content file” contains everything you need and more to that. So stop worrying about the “FULL” content XML file…it simply isn’t worth the troubles you have and experience during all the effords and frustrations you’re going through!
    The Neighborhood theme my be uploaded in the updated 1.3 version, and this package contains a “chunked” XML file, and when you’ve uploaded this XML file, (read:) EVERYTHING you need is ON SITE!
    If you don’t believe me or haven’t succeeded changing the preferences in the php.ini file, someday you’ll hopefully agree with me, that the “SMALL” XML demo content file, is all you need to succeed in making the Neighborhood theme look like the look-a-like-theme-author version!

Rgs_eccesso

Tomglover

@eccesso

One question, will the small xml files provide me with all the different shop styles.

i’m not a dev, so i’m a bit new to all of this.

And also where about’s do i find the php.ini file? or is this something i have to talk to my hosting company about?

Regards,

Tom.

eccesso

Hi,
    NO!, the small xml file will not provide all the content in the different shop styles! But you may easyly add your own content in the missing shop styles or whatever files are missing from the “demo looks”! Par example…if you’ll use the “shop without sidebars” with the four columns, which you may setup for instant use, you’ll only see the picture and page content of the two products! The two in the middle are the missing ones, but you may add your own content in these “empty” files or just add new content! It so very easy to add more content from the pagebuilder!
    The reason I know this is, that I several times have succeeded in uploading both the small and the large XML files, and they really make no difference with regards to the themes’ functionality. Some of the content is missing from the “small” upload, but who cares….? If the theme works, and you may start working on your projects…by adding your own content….well…you easy forget the previous struggling you’ve actually wasted during the upload of the full-demo-content-xml-file!
    Regarding the php.ini file you may access this file from within your cPanel/filemanager. I don’t if you’re familiar with the cPanel, but if not…you may address a support ticket to your host and ask them to edit the php.ini file! USe the recommendations from the manual, and that’s simply it!
    In an earlier post from myself, Ive added a “crunchdown” XML file package which you may try to upload for the full content XML demo files! And whatever you may choose the small or the large XML file, you must change/edit your preferences in the php.ini_file. So the editing of the php.ini file, is rather crucial for you to succeed!
    Good luck….regards _eccesso

HelgeCPT

Thanks for the post Hunch.

How long should this import take for the full xml file (compressed to .gz)? Working on a 8mb internet line.

After a lot of issues importing any of the demo content files, I’ve followed Hunchs’ explanation step by step, made my hosting company change php file limits, even the crossing your fingers part. Now my fingers feel like mush – finally Im not getting any errors, but my page has been blank for the last 3 hours after hitting submit/import.

I know you said “Wait & let it work its magic uninterrupted”, so I am still clinging on, not to keen to leave my macbook in the office over night.

HelgeCPT

Alrighty

Not sure how I can edit/or delete my previous post, thus a follow up:

Ive red through every post and rant on this thread and pretty much tried everything but @blueocto s solution – as I’m not too familiar with many of the steps required, so I am leaving that as a last option.

After spending another two hours chatting with my very patient hosting company, I have managed to upload the 7 split xml files via the RSS importer in wordpress (using the wordpress importer was giving me everything from Internal Sevice errors, to then page 404 not found, to blank pages –> see last post)

All 7 uploaded strangely enough – yet not everything was a-okay. There where alot of posts, and comments however none of the pages or media files where imported. I tried one last time using the wordpress importer for the 7 xml files. 404 errors with each – BUT…i now have on my site:

1023 Posts
    79 Pages
    9 Categories
    49 Tags
    289 Comments (lol?)
    etc…

Can anybody who actually managed to upload the demo content confirm how these numbers compare to theirs after a successful upload?

The theme still doesn’t look right and image links seem to be broken, hence I feel that my way of uploading the 7 xml files has failed?

durango

It’s incredible … to say the least.
    Read all of these people with the same problem, people who have paid and now find themselves out of what they paid.
    Now. I lost weeks to resolve this thing, and there are still insuccessful.
    I ask SwiftIdeas to be serious and resolve this problem immediately.
    I asked my provider to increase memory, etc. .., these are the current settings:

memory_limit = 128M
    upload_max_filesize = 20M
    post_max_size = 20M

This is the error message WORDPRESS gives me when I import the files demo, everyone, even those split from 200kb.

“Failed to import slide-ff page about office”

Tell me what to do..please.

elias

I’m also having issues uploading the demo content. I’ve tried everything and nothing works! It sometimes uploads half the content and fails to upload the rest or the upload just gets stuck loading in the first place. I’ve reset my database 10 times trying all the different methods mentioned here. Any news from the developers?

Thanks

durango

…no answer..
    I’ll wait for Monday and if I do not have answers.. i’ll get from Envato, reimbursement to Paypal and, of course, request of account blocking of these “developers”.
    We have to prevent them from make defraud other people.

HelgeCPT

As a last resort, I followed @blueocto instructions step by step, and it all seemed to be working until I reached step 7b.

When I enter the “http://31.25.188.124/~bunnies1 into the “Search For” box (or any box for that matter) and enter my URL like “http://mydoimain.com” in the “Replace with”, I get a 404 – page not found error

Any idea what ight be causing this?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 311 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register