New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Having Problems or Issues with XML Demo Content Upload? Try This Solution

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 311 total)
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@vkialka – The thing is that the XML do work, there is absolutely nothing wrong with them. The issue occurs when hosting services don’t have the required resources to import everything. The WordPress import/export process is nothing less than troublesome to be completely honest with you.

@hunch
    – Thank you for your input, it’s much appreciated.

@Greenaby
    – Unfortunately GoDaddy is your issue here, they are renowned for killing WordPress import processes. You can still build the demo site using what we’ve provided for you, it’s just a case of taking the time to add the pages yourself. We have provided the pre-built pages within the Page Builder for you to add as a base if you need them. If you’d like a little insight into the page builder, check this video – https://vimeo.com/69413492

– Ed

eccesso

Hi! I thought that this issue had been solved ever since the last time I visited this segment of the forum. Especially thinking of you @vkialka!
    I followed my own theory about reducing the large XML.file into an unknown number of minor XML.ones. The unknown number is related to the preferences of the php.file, which limits the changes in your complete wp.content_settings.
    This method actually was quite succesful, and I have installed the theme in several test_domains, only to check out if they all were identical. Well…they are!
    I made the changes to the php.ini file, exactly – as it was recommended in the installerguide!
    This time I attach the LARGE XML.file as an 24 pieces_of_shxt_code, and if this file is not “uploadable” through the WP_import-tool,….try to make the files even smaller! MAke a 48 piece- collection-piece-of_shxt_XML.code!
    Edit the files in an XML_editor as Dreamweaver or what ever you may use, and don’t forget to add the “start_tag” and “closing_tags”.
    This theme is not for novices, but when you’ve succeed once with installing the complete content_demo_pice_of_shxt_file…..this theme is easy as piece of cake! Believe me!

eccesso
    This reply has been marked as private.
    bulentbas
    mhandsone

All of this sounds too confusing to me. I’d rather start from the the very beginning. Can I re-download a totally CORRECT zip file and then do a fresh install?

blueocto

Hey guys,

I had plenty of issues with this also… and I’m a Web Developer!

I’ve wrote a quick post about it, and actually just did a fresh install, added the plugins/theme and managed to get the content in.

So you can download the FTP-related files and the Database Export files, at my website here:

http://www.caroline-murphy.co.uk/swiftideas-neighborhood-wordpress-theme-woocommerce-content/

Any feedback would be appreciated, to help others in this situation!

//cc @eccesso @mhandsone @vkialka

ideasolv
    Ultraschall2d

Please help!

Ultraschall2d

@blueocto:

This does not work. The Database is full of “http://31.25.188.124/~bunnies1/?p=3…” URLs and there are no images in your files. Any help?

blueocto

@Ultraschall2d

Thanks for letting me know, I’ve now updated my post with some additional steps; I’ve also included the uploads ZIP files – although it is huge!

http://www.caroline-murphy.co.uk/swiftideas-neighborhood-wordpress-theme-woocommerce-content/

If you need any personal help, I can login and do the setup for you; it takes approximately an hour depending on the speed of the connection etc.

ideasolv
    phil_ilo

I am not having any success installing the demo content, and am starting to get very upset. Could anyone who has had success just do it for me?

This shouldn’t be that difficult!!!

ww2010

If anyone wants help with this the only way to get a response within an acceptable timeframe is to post it on the themes comment page and not here.

First post here and if they don’t reply then take it to the theme page where it is indexed by google. This is why people are sent to the support forum’s because the complaints are hidden from the world at large.

But since it looks bad on the page they are trying to sell the theme…oh boy watch how quickly they respond then haha. But do the right thing always and try the support page first. If you get no acknowledgment whatso ever then send it to the sales page where it can be seen by everyone

blueocto

@phil_ilo drop me an email at info[at]caroline-murphy.co.uk and I’ll see what I can do 🙂

ideasolv
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 311 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register