New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Having Problems or Issues with XML Demo Content Upload? Try This Solution

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 311 total)
    blueocto

@HelgeCPT if you can send me your login details, I’ll investigate further : info @ caroline-murphy.co.uk

HelgeCPT

Hi @blueocto. Ive sent you a mail couple of days ago. Would be great if we could have input from the @SwiftIdeas team here as well.

Since my last post, Ive installed a fresh WP with a new database, followed the instructions by blueocto once more but again, getting a “page not found” error when I use the “search & replace plugin” as described. It seems however that the demo content is finally there!!!

How important is this 7b step? Can I manually replace the links or are there any other suggestions?

Cheers

HelgeCPT

One week…no answer. Just a little bit of input goes a long way.
    In any case. I am concerned that step 7b will affect my website, especially when it comes to indexing it on google for instance. Im in the process of developing my site and would realy like to get the basics sorted.

I used “http://ismyblogworking.com/” to see if there are any issues, and indeed, it does read that my site is broken! Also allowed search engines to index my site so I’m not sure yet what the main issue is, but I’d still love an answer to my previous question.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @HelgeCPT – apologies for not replying sooner.

7b is quite an important step, and the page not found error would indicate not being able to communicate with your database. You could ask your host if they could do this change for you directly in the database – they should be happy to help!

– Ed

HelgeCPT

Thank you for your reply

After some extensive research I have downloaded a script called “searchreplacedb2.php” – not sure if you are familiar with it but it supposedly is used when moving entire sites, but has a search & replace function for database table entries. In any case, it seemed to have found and replaced several lines of the “http://31.25.188.124/~bunnies1” mentioned by @blueocto with my url, and I am hoping this will be all now? It has been over a month and I need to start populating the site with actual content.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Yes, that should be good to go now!

– Ed

josh monin

Has anyone worked a way to upload full demo content easily? I have tried every possible way that I can manage (limited skills). Tried hunchs way of zipping to .gz file, tried my host bumping up the settings (bluehost), tried using the split files from download. I am using latest version of wordpress, latest version of theme (downloaded 4 days ago). I have spent 4 days trying to get this sorted. Getting frustrated. I was hoping to use the demo version as a guideline. Looks like I might have been better to just re-build the whole thing from scartch. Any tips/ideas/help? Thanks

HelgeCPT

Hi Josh

The only description that actually worked for me was the one by blueocto. You will need to access your phpmyadmin, etc. If you’re not too familiar with this (I just looked at YouTube tutorials until I got it right), you could perhaps even ask your Host to have a look at her link to her site where she describes this process and see if they can do it for you.

Hope it helps

josh monin

Thanks HelgeCPT. I will give it a try.

craigstephen

Having the same issues as others. Have tried increasing the stuff in php.ini, have tried compressing the xml and uploading (each time resetting wp and re-sinstalling the plugins etc. I’m getting very frustrated now.

Is there any admin/support that could maybe do it for me?

Thanks!!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@craigstephen – Unfortunately we can’t offer this service, as ultimately most of the time it is the hosting at fault.

If you’re still having issues, then the best method I can give for you to try is to start the import process, and then if you get an error screen rather than the completed message – press your browser back button, and re-continue the the process. It may take a few repeats to get through, but it should always get through in the end.

Hope that helps.

– Ed

tarakennymv
    This reply has been marked as private.
    tarakennymv

Hi, me again.
    I removed the original WP installation, and re-installed the theme using FTP. So now, I have some demo content, but not all. I have the home page options and different layouts 1 through 8. At the top level, the menu displays like the demo site, however – The menus under “Shop” shows the attached list, BUT when I click on the Shop – with left sidebar, all I get is a blank page with the heading “Shop”. How can I get the “Shop – with left sidebar” to show like the demo?

When i click on “Shop – with right sidebar” or “Shop – Full width”, or “Shop detail page” I get a 404 error.

I have increased the PHP settings on the server. Any help is much appreciated. I really want to be able to load the “Shop – with left sidebar” page and the other demo content if at all possible.
    Thanks so much,
    Tara

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @Tara,

Check if you have the shop page set in WooCommerce > Settings?

– Ed

tarakennymv
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 311 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register