New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Version update full width problem

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@broobe – do you have a child theme with a header.php file override? If so, this needs updating to match the new structure.

– Ed

lpanalyst

Ed,

I am at the end of my rope here. I have spent 5 hours this afternoon making my changes to my singleportfoliophp and singlepostphp to re-order the social share. I have done this 10x over and it fixes and then within minutes reverts back to the old order. So for instance, i make the adjustments in singleportfoliophp, save them, test them and they worked, then click away, come back to singleportfoliophp and all my custom code is gone. This is not a caching issue.

I am confused, tired and absolutely losing my mind over this. Even the custom code you gave me to remove the portfolio advance button works and then doesn’t. I don’t understand.

Bill

lpanalyst

Ok, appears to be working for the moment at least. I’m clearing my cache in chrome every time and using incognito windows. I’m wondering if somehow there is still a cache that is getting autosaved over my good code. Regardless, hope it sticks this time.

Now my remaining issues are tied to the social share buttons not functioning properly.

See: http://www.lpanalyst.com/solutions/lp-diligence-pack/

1) LinkedIn – Now pulls wrong or multiple images

2) Twitter – OK

3) Google + – Should be using thumbnail image (tile) not post detail image (banner)

4) Facebook – Now pulls wrong image

5) Email – Not even close; Should pull same title and body text as social networks above as subject line and body respectively and also have the link to the page in the email body (not the subject line)

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

For social sharing, I’d recommend installing this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wonderm00ns-simple-facebook-open-graph-tags/
    Gives you all the control you could need for that.

As for the email, can you provide a login so that I can check this output on your modified file?

– Ed

lpanalyst

Hi Ed,

Certainly would like to have these buttons function like in the previous version of the theme and not use open graph tags.

We did a lot of work to get these where we want them and your guys had previously resolved all those issues for everyone using these in previous updates (not sure why they reverted in this latest version). I am certain that anyone using social share buttons like mine is going to be experiencing all the same issues.

The social are just pulling the wrong items but i have no idea where to make the changes to ‘re-correct’ this.

Can one of your developers have a look? I am running out of hours to dedicate to this and really just want my site back up and running like it was prior to the last update.

Bill

lpanalyst
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

We didn’t make any changes to the social code output – and I am the sole developer of the theme.

I’ll take a look at your site.

– Ed

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Mail link is sorted. The rest of the social code though, we have no control over what is submitted without using those social opengraph tags. Each of them have their own way of picking an image to submit, and I can’t see that this would have been the same for you in the previous version – as I said, we made absolutely no changes to the social code.

If you don’t want to use that plugin, I can use the code we have from a built-in option on another theme, but honestly that plugin will do the job perfectly.

– Ed

lpanalyst

Hi Ed,

I have no idea what changed or when but at some point had all of those links working correctly as I described above (e.g. if i shared a solution on linkedin the correct image came up). I am not sure exactly how to use the plugin — will it integrate with the current look and feel of the existing buttons?

Thanks for resolving the email link issue.

Bill

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

It depends on the content – so while it may work for one post it might not work for others.

That plugin has no visual presence – it just adds the meta tags to the head of the page, and sets the images/titles all correctly.

– Ed

lpanalyst

Sorry, I am still a novice and a little out of my depth here. Will probably find a developer i can pay to help me resolve unless this is straightforward and something your guys can help me accomplish.

So will this work with LinkedIn share as well?

broobe

Done, thanks!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@lpanalyst – it should be as simple as installing the plugin, shouldn’t need anything technical at all.

– Ed

derestricted

Seem to be having issues now on individual posts, the header banner is now no longer full width and I am getting double headers, with the page tittle twice. Please advise:

http://derestricted.com/racing/2015-red-bull-romaniacs-full-highlights-show

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    derestricted

Ok, I got rid of the 2nd title through editing single.php in the child theme, but the rev slider is still not full width anymore. Ideas?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register