New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Version update full width problem

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@lpanalyst – looks like you are using shortcodes instead of the page builder to create columns? The issue for your maps is that they are set to 1/4 width, rather than 1/1 in the column.

@ronin
    – looks like you need to update the header.php file your child theme – we changed that in v3.00. I’d suggest adding your changes to the new version of the file. If you rename your header.php file in the child theme to header2.php you should see a correct looking page.

– Ed

ronin

Thanks for the suggestion Ed,

We don’t have a header.php file in the child theme. I had made changes to the functions.js file in the child theme but I just deleted that so there shouldn’t be any conflicts between the child and parent theme. The website is still not working properly.

ronin

The more we look, the more we find new errors caused by this update on multiple sites – REALLY not happy. Database AND file rollbacks aren’t working, which I cannot fathom.

On Global Tanks alone, we have many layouts totally screwed up:

Home

http://www.globaltanks.com.au/?page_id=300

Home

It’s not just the full width stuff not being visible – it’s messed up other divs within the body, and bumped Woocommerce items to the next row, and so on.

We need advice on this urgently. We are now on 3.02 with Woocommerce and WP core up to date too.

I can’t comprehend why you haven’t released a REAL changelog of files and lines edited with indications of what sort of stuff is likely to get screwed up by your major rejigs of this theme. We’ve bough many copies of Dante, and I’m cringing at the size of the job ahead to fix issues on dozens of sites that we can’t seem to roll back to correct once they occur.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@ronin – can you provide a login for that site so that I can take a look. What is happening on your site isn’t correct, and from the looks of it seems to be because the page builder isn’t active on that page.

– Ed

ronin
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

1) big white area in middle want there before

Looks like there is text here, but it’s set in your custom css to be white? Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ggx9lvz0peccc4r/Screenshot%202015-07-27%2013.05.32.png?dl=0

Also that full-width text block has alt background 3 set, which is a white background?

———

2) angular header messed up

This is because we moved the page heading outside of the page container – and localised the output, which I can see why that will have affected your customisations, but things like this are impossible for us to prepare for. All you need to do is modify the css:

.water-storage .page-heading:after {
        bottom: -100px;
    }

To be completely blunt with you about this though – the css used in the first place to define the position was not of good standard.

——

3) product page header also messed up

Again, same as above.

.transportable .page-heading:after {
    bottom: -50px;
    }

I can understand the frustration, and I’ll be happy to check out any issues you may have. The guide as such is in the sticky topic, and for 99% of people that will be all that is needed to check. The issues you have all seem to be with customisations, which are nigh on impossible for us to prepare for and be problem free with updates.

Hope that helps.

– Ed

osocio

Hello Ed
    My problem is solved with 3.0.2. Thanks for the quick replies!
    What was new in 3.0 anyway? Is there a page about that?

Cheers
    Marc Osocio

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Glad your problem it’s solved. Thanks Ed.

Check this page and add it to your browser favorites so you can follow our changelog.
    http://dante.swiftideas.net/changelog/

-Rui

bentraynham

I am still having the full-width issue after updating to version 3.02 as well. Please provide fix asap. Thanks

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@bentraynham – we’ll need to see a link to your site. Are you using a child theme with modified files? Have you edited the page and enabled the page builder before saving again? As far as we are aware as of v3.02 there aren’t any full width issues that are theme issues.

– Ed

bentraynham

I do have the child theme activated with modifications to header.php. I have replaced that file alone and the issue has been resolved. Thanks for the prompt response.

lpanalyst

I am having the following issues even with the update to 3.02 and need assistance soon. I have just launched an expensive marketing campaign and all my targets are hitting my website which is current not usable or professional. I will pay just about any amount of money to have prompt attention.

Unfortunately, I hesitate to download the previous version given some of the issues other developers have had. I am not using a child theme and simply manually replace the singleportfoliophp and singlepostphp after each update:

1) Portfolio Items – Head images do not span full width (see http://www.lpanalyst.com/solutions/lp-diligence-pack/); Also the contact us box at the bottom has lost its formatting (contact us is supposed to be on the left, then the divider, then the text).

2) Careers page – Maps cut off (see http://www.lpanalyst.com/careers/)

3) LP Solutions and GP Solutions – the images have shrunk from full size tiles similar to the front page to small versions (certainly has to do with the width issue (http://www.lpanalyst.com/lp-solutions/). Also the contact us box at the bottom has lost its formatting (contact us is supposed to be on the left, then the divider, then the text).

4) Blog – After dropping in the old php, i am getting double title headers. http://www.lpanalyst.com/blog/

I will send our login credentials in a separate private reply. Please let me know what can be done.

Thank you.

lpanalyst
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@bentraynham – glad that sorted it.

@lpanalyst
    – are you able to add your changes to the latest version of the single.php and single-portfolio.php file? These have a few changes in terms of bootstrap structure to enable page builder usage. This will likely solve your issue.

2) The map cut off I already mentioned in a previous topic – you have the shortcode set to be 1/4 width, when it should be 1/1.

3) This looks like you have 1/6 width portfolio assets within columns – can you check this?

Happy to check the pages myself with a login.

– Ed

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

2&3 sorted, the issue was as I said.

Please check my replies on the above regarding your file customisations.

– Ed

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register