New Landing How can we help? Atelier Search trouble

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    David Martin – Support

Yes, please update all plugins.

HanneTBH

Nothing will change then, right? I am launching my webstore tomorrow, and am really worried about stuff going wrong. Will it be safer to wait a little bit?

HanneTBH

What would you advice me to do, considering the launch tomorrow? I see that both woocommerce and wordpress describe their updates as major…

David Martin – Support

As long as you have the latest theme update you should be fine to update unless you have changed any core theme files/code, those changes would be lost.

Your host very likely does nightly backups, assuming the absolute worst happens when you update, you can ask them to simply refer back to the last backup.

You should also create a staging environment (your host will do this for you), here you can create a clone of your site and run tests/updates away from the live site.

HanneTBH

My host does do backups, but it takes days to have them refer back. I’ll ask them about the staging environment!

I think I’ve only done custom css, that doesn’t count as core theme code, right?

I’m thinking that it might be better to wait so that I can launch at the time I have told everyone I will, and then deal with any problems later on… Is that ok to do, or will it cause trouble (forced updates or incompatibility issues)?

David Martin – Support

CSS in the theme options is fine.

I’d advise running the updates. There are no known issues causing me to advise against it. You can always use many of the available backup plugins to create your own backup also.

Thanks.

HanneTBH

I did it!! It worked!! 😀

Only thing (at least so far) is that the translations from the swift language file are gone again. I know I have asked about this before, and I told the guy who helps me with this where the files should be, so I think they should be in the correct location now? Would you be able to check for me why this keeps happening?

David Martin – Support

The only reason it would keep happening is if the files are in the wrong location.

Thanks.

HanneTBH

Ok, I’ll look into it again! Thanks!

David Martin – Support

Glad to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register