New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood problems after updating to Neighborhood 2.10 and WooCommerce 2.3

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
    creatorofstuff

Hi –
    I updated to Neighborhood 2.10 and Woocommerce 2.3 on my test site and am encountering some problems.

1. If you put items in cart, then proceed to checkout, it tells you that you don’t have anything in the cart.

2. The Proceed to Checkout button (when you are viewing the shopping cart) is now purple. (see before and after screenshots)

3. When viewing cart, the arrows for increasing or decreasing the number of items is now tiny, less attractive and harder to use. Was that intentional? Is there a way to get the old look back? (see before and after screenshots)

4. The message at the top of the WooCommerce pages (Need help?…) is lined up until the last three items, which are dropped down slightly. They weren’t perfect in the old version either but this is worse. See screenshot.

5. While searching this forum in an attempt to see if anyone else had encountered these problems, I found a thread where you told someone to deactivate plugins and reactivate to fix the “add to shopping bag” button on the product thumbnail – a problem that I also have. I did this, and it fixed part of the problem (the entire button is now black but the text is still bumped up too high) but it created another problem. A large amount of my product thumbnail images disappeared and it took a long time for them to come back. I would prefer not to have to do that on a live site.

But besides that, is there a way to fix the text so it looks right? See before and after screenshot.

6. The Woocommerce Quick view plugin is no longer working (perhaps a result of deactivating and reactivating? I wish I had tested it first to see if it was purely the update but either way, deactivating and reactivating shouldn’t cause a problem, right?) See screenshots.

7. The product filter (Taxonomies Filter Widget) yields completely different results now (with same settings) making it completely unusable now. Maybe this has to do with the WooCommerce update and not Neighborhood, but could you shed some light on the problem? See before and after screenshot.

8. There is a new block of text on the cart page that I would like to remove or at least edit, but I can’t find a way to do that. It is the text next to “shipping and handling” and you can see it in the screenshot with the purple button.

All of these problems make me dread every time I see there is an update. (You probably dread it too.) I really appreciate your help.

I have to send a couple of messages to upload all of my screenshots. Sorry.

P.S. I put the URL of the test site in the Site Information of this thread so as not to make it public. But I wanted the thread to be public in case it helps anyone else.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    creatorofstuff

Here are 4 more screenshots.

Attachments:
    creatorofstuff

Sorry. Last two screenshots.

Attachments:
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

1) Likely caching issue – tested here and no issues at all.

2) This uses the secondary accent colour, check what you have that set to?

3) This was WooCommerce’s decision – they removed the +/- buttons from their JS, nothing changed our side – I think this is for native reasons. There may be a hack to add it back in, however I haven’t seen it yet.

4) Which browser?

5) Remove this custom css:

.yith-wcwl-add-to-wishlist {
    margin-top: 10px;
    }

replace with:

.woocommerce ul.products li.product .button {
    margin-top: 0;
    }

The images disappearing is odd – but nothing that would be related to the theme, 100%.

6) Have you updated to the latest version of the plugin? It needs a few styling tweaks which are being included in the next update.

7) Can you link me to this?

8) That’s in the WooCommerce update – I haven’t found anything for changing this as such, you may have better luck on the woo commerce forums.

Hope that helps, I’ll assign the topic to myself to keep track of it.

– Ed

wanderoo

I also have huge problems after the 2.3.2 now a lot of files are outdated which corrupts the whole site! I can add things in the shopping basket but not choose any payment option!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@wanderoo – how did you update to Neighborhood 2.1?

– Ed

wanderoo

By the automatic feature with in the program? I dont understand the question. In the system status it says 2.10 but perhaps it means 2.1?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

No that is correct, I just wanted to check if you did a manual update.

Have you updated to WooCommerce 2.32? Checking here and I can see the payment options no problem – my guess would be a plugin issue.

There are a few files that need updating since the last WooCommerce update – those won’t cause any issues, but are being updated today.

– Ed

snarfe

Hey Ed,

I have a problem similar to OP creatorofstuff’s fifth point:

5. While searching this forum in an attempt to see if anyone else had encountered these problems, I found a thread where you told someone to deactivate plugins and reactivate to fix the “add to shopping bag” button on the product thumbnail – a problem that I also have. I did this, and it fixed part of the problem (the entire button is now black but the text is still bumped up too high) but it created another problem. A large amount of my product thumbnail images disappeared and it took a long time for them to come back. I would prefer not to have to do that on a live site.

My problem is that since Woocommerce 2.3.2 update there is no visible text whatsoever in the rollup part of the thumbnail which should say either “options” or “add to cart”. It’s just a blank box. See monkind.com/shop

I tried your code in custom css to no avail :

}

Anything else I can try?

Thanks and best, snarfe

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@snarfe – check any plugins aren’t causing this issue. I’ve checked here and all is fine on a standard Neighborhood/WC2.3 setup.

– Ed

snarfe

thanks Ed.

yes, and damn it, it’s the plugin i installed yesterday to get all products displaying on one page:

WooCommerce Product Archive Customiser

detailed in this thread:

Remove pagination in Shop (i.e. show all products)

it was working until I updated WC2.3 today, I’ll contact the developer as I real liked that feature.

Thanks again and best, snarfe

Kyle – SUPPORT

No problem. Thanks Ed

creatorofstuff

Hi Ed,
    Thanks so much for your reply.

1. You are right! It works now. 🙂

2. My secondary accent color is set to black. (see screenshot) Not sure where the purple is coming from. ?

3. Too bad. The other was nicer. Oh well. Small point.

4. Safari, Chrome and Firefox – seems to be a consistent problem in all of them.

5. I cannot find this custom css. I even downloaded the css file and did a search, first on the entire thing and then on just .yith-wcwl-add-to-wishlist

margin-top: 10px;
    }

It’s also not in custom css under general theme options. (Am I blind?)

However, I tried adding
    }
    to the bottom of my css file just to see if it helps but it didn’t change anything. 🙁

6. I had not updated to the latest version because I didn’t realize there was one. (No notification in the dashboard.) However, I just did that (thank you for alerting me to that,) and also 2 more Woo updates that appeared today, and it still doesn’t work. I’ve emptied caches and tried in 3 browsers.

7. I’ll add a link in a private note below.

8. Ok, thanks. At least I don’t have to waste any more time searching. I’ll check the WooCommerce forums.

Much appreciated!

creatorofstuff
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @creatorofstuff

We just pushed a new update – try that build and let me know if it sorts anything. I know WooCommerce adjusted the checkout button css – so we have fixed that, please confirm the other issues.

For #5, add this custom css to override it:

margin-top: 0!important;
    }

– Ed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register