Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
    Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please contact once at WPML support. They will give you exact solution.

Thanks
    Mohammad

jahgraff

Hello,

WPML answer me,

The “textdomain” corresponds to an identifier that is added with the strings to be translated in order to group them and sort them later.

If you open your theme file (single.php for example), you should see excerpts of this type:

__ (‘This is my string to translate’, ‘textdomain)

This is a gettext () function to which one passes two parameters: the string to be translated and its context. If the function is a translation in this context, it will return the translation. Otherwise, it will return the original string.

In your case, you can find this “textdomain” by browsing the files in your theme or by opening your style.css file in the root of your theme. Normally this comprant a header file with the textdomain comment.

That said, the style.css file is accessible and I did not find any mention textdomain. So it will search the php file of your theme.

What ‘textdomain’ name should I go to load your .mo files?

thank you in advance for your reply,

jahgraff

I did all the recommended manipulations. I’m still at the same point my translations do not load. Could you tell me where is the problem?

waiting for your reply

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @jahgraff

Not sure why they have replied with that – as it shows no detail to why the error you previously posted is occurring?

Did they give no reason or fix for the error?

– Ed

jahgraff

Bonsoir,

They told me that, I ‘ve also added max_input_vas = 5000 ; in php.ini. But nothing works . I do not understand even with files .mo nothing is translated. I wonder if your theme is really compatible with WPML . Especially since you do not really give an explanation for this in your installation manual. I’m lost.

Thomas

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Can you explain further your current issue since in the attached screenshot of a page in French version the marked text are translated.

I didn’t get that error when updating the translations in the link you provided.

-Rui

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register