New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood WooCommerce's "Additional Variation Images" not working

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
    kitsune

Trying to use WooCommerce’s “Additional Variation Images” plugin but can’t seem to get it working on either Neighborhood itself or my child theme.
    Followed the instructions here with no luck. The main image changes properly and the gallery below dims like it’s going to load the proper images but the main gallery just fades back in.

Nishant – SUPPORT
    Spectator

Hello kitsune,

Can you please post a screenshot explaining your issue.

I just checked your website and all looked good to me.

kitsune

Hey Nishant,

Don’t know if a screenshot is really going show it.

Basically you have the primary image and the secondary images below the primary image. When selecting a variant the primary image changes (which is right). What this plugin does is makes it so you can have alternate secondary images for each variant, this is what isn’t working.

Eg. switch the colour to blue now every image is blue (the primary image and all images below it)

Right now the main image will change to blue but the images below will remain with whatever the original images were.

Are all images changing for you? I’ve tried multiple computers and multiple browsers and none seem to work.

WooCommerce demo: http://demo.royho.me/product/ship-your-idea-2/

Does that make sense?

Nishant – SUPPORT
    Spectator

Hi,

Unfortunately, we don’t provide support for third party plugins. It is beyond the scope of support as it’s more work to make it compatible than a small customization. While we’d love to be able to support every customization request, we simply don’t have the time to do so. We recommend that you should enlist the help of a web developer if you need that functionality, potentially from one of the below resources:

https://codeable.io

Home

http://www.studio.envato.com

Hope that helps.

kitsune

Fair enough I suppose.

Don’t know that I’d consider it a third party plugin though, in relation to Swift Ideas perhaps but the plugin is developed and distributed by WooCommerce. I’d strongly suggest adding support in the future for this reason, especially as it seems to work in most other themes.

Thanks anyway!

Nishant – SUPPORT
    Spectator

Thanks for the suggestion, we will try to add that in future updates.

kingrobb

My client was using this plugin “Additional Variation Images” as well and the third party code was working. It stopped working when we updated to Neighborhood V3.0 (all we see is a huge and long blank space were the images would normally display).

We have hired a Senior Developer, as you suggested, and I told him we should contact WC about their plugin not working as they provided the code specific to the Neighborhood Theme (but only testes w vers 2.05). His response was “It’s up to theme developers to be compatible with the WooCommerce plugins”. As usual its one developer saying its another developers issue to fix.

I don’t know who’s task it really belongs to – but please add me to the list of people who would love to see this plugin working once again. Thank you!

Any chance you are actually working on a fix? Would you please ask the developer?

David Martin – Support

Hi kingrobb,

If WooCommerce initially supplied you with the customisation code, I would go back to their support for this issue or get your senior dev to look into the issue.

We try to ensure the theme works with as many core or popular plugins as possible but due to the sheer volume of extensions this is no easy task.

– What I can do is cc our lead developer into this thread so he can best advise you on a course of action.

Cheers,
    David.

kingrobb

Thanks – I would appreciate that.
    We have re-instated theme vers 2.10 for compatibility for now.
    Robb

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @kingrobb

Have you tried with v3.0+ of Neighborhood?

– Ed

kingrobb

Hi Ed – we tried vers 3.0
    Robb

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

But it works fine in v2.10? If so I’ll check that.

– Ed

kingrobb

Yes – it is working with 2.10
    thanks.
    Robb

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Could you please send me the zip for the plugin so that I can test locally?

Thanks,

– Ed

kingrobb
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register