New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Clique White bar on the right of the screen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Posted in: Clique
    Grreg

Hello,

Thanks for having created this wordpress template. It is really neat and goes right to the essential.

Unfortunately, I have a little problem, as you would see on with my website : http://www.grreg.fr : I have an annoying white bar on the right of the “Showreel” page (my home page), and on each item of the portfolio page…

I don’t really have skills in webdesign, so do you know where does this bar come from ? And most important, how can I remove it ?

Thanks a lot !

PS : I use the “Flickr Photostream” extension to dynamically load photos from my FlickR account instead of the Gallery page, but it is not as gorgeous as the gallery page of the template. Is there a way to do so (load directly my FlickR photos in a gallery page instead of adding them manually ?).

PPS : Please apologise my grammar mistakes, I’m french and english is not my first language (but I’m working on it =P)

Grreg

Oh ! I forgot one more thing : as I’m french, I’d like to translate the “Filter” and “All” captions (by “Filtre” and “Tous”). Where can I change this ?

Thank you.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi, you can find instructions about translating the theme here: http://support.swiftideas.net/knowledgebase/how-to-translate-the-theme/

For the white bar, that shouldn’t happen so it’s definitely an error on your installation. Can you please deactivate all your plugins and let me know if that improves anything on your end?

Cheers

Grreg

Thanks for your help,

Unfortunately, even with no plugin activated, I still have this white bar on the right.
    I remember 2 things that might have led to this situation :

1. I have modified the CSS of the extension “FlickR Photostream” from this (initially)
    .page-link .nav-flickrps-next, .page-link .nav-flickrps-prev { display: inline-block; }
    To this

.page-link {text-align:center};
    .page-link .nav-flickrps-next, .page-link .nav-flickrps-prev { display: inline; }*/

But I replaced with the original settings and the bar is still there.

2. I changed my host, moving from OVH (https://www.ovh.com) to Alwaysdata (https://www.alwaysdata.com/). And that’s when I first noticed the white bar. I don’t see what could have changed though I copy/paste exactly all the files from one host to the other (the first one didn’t have the white bar problem), but I have very few knowledge in websites, so I might be missing something.

I hope I have made myself clear enough…

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi!

I’d like to check the backend of your website to investigate, could you let me know your login details please?

Thanks and cheers!

Grreg
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Melanie – SUPPORT

That’s odd, let me ask another support staff to help me with that, thanks for the patience!

Grreg

Hi ! Have you found the reason of this white bar and how to remove it ?
    Thanks

Melanie – SUPPORT

I’m afraid it seems laranz didn’t get the chance to get back to you, I will forward it to Tahir then.

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi Grreg,

I don’t how I missed this thread after assigning to me. Apologies first.. But which white area you are telling I didn’t get any white in the home page as well as in the portfolio. If you point me to the white area, I help you to remove it.

I attach the home page on my side.

Thanks,
    laranz.

Grreg

Hi Laranz,

This is strange, this bug seems to appear only on certain configurations.
    As for me, I use a mac and Chrome, and I still see this annoying bar on the right of the window (or even barS sometimes on Firefox !). It looks like a scroll bar, but there is no content to scroll… :/

I made two screenshots (one with Chrome, the other on Firefox, both up to date), even though they display quite the same thing (appart for the texts wich is a little bit different, but I suppose this is due to the browsers themselves).

I also found out an other bug, even if I don’t know if it is due to the design itself : the size of the canvas displaying the videos changes with the size of the browser window, resulting in ugly black bars on top/bottom or on sides, depending of the case. I already tried to manually modify the size of the canva in the php file (I don’t remember its name), but it’s still happening…

I can give you (or give you again) my login/passwords (even from my database if needed) if you need them to investigate and/or repare directly thoses bugs.

This is quite annoying to show my work in buggy environment I must say… :/

THank you

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

Did you try anything in the code, for me too the scrollbar sometimes appear, but that didn’t in my installation. Make sure that the theme is up-to-date, and also none of your customization cause this. Try disabling all plugins too..

The Video is responsive, it changes its size whenever you resize your browser, means it will resize to all the devices according to its size.

Let me know, what you got.

Thanks,
    laranz.

Grreg

Hi,

After updating both the theme and wordpress itself, and disabling the extension “flickr photostream”, it appears that the white bar on the home page is gone ! This resolve not all the probleme, but the most important part of it (even if I have to say goodbye to my Photo page. Unless if there is a way to dynamically load photos from my flickr account within a gallery page ? I didn’t find out such a thing, but maybe could you point me a good extension that don’t blow up your design 🙂 ).

Still, the white bar on the other pages is still there… :/

And for the videos, you confirm me that it is normal to see sometimes black bars besides the video itself ?

Thanks

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

Glad it fixes the issue, for other pages the that is big enough to get a scrollbar, so the white area arrived.

You can try to install something from the plugin’s directory and explore, try this: http://wordpress.org/plugins/quick-flickr-widget/

Send me some screenshots about the video problem.

Thanks,
    laranz.

Grreg

Hello,

Sorry, I’ve been out of time this week…
    You can find screenshots of the video problem below.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register