New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Visual issues after update

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    HiroiSekai

Hi David,

The results are matching now, but the fix was done in reverse. Both searches now don’t match the keyword to title, as the normal search did before the change.

To be more specific, the first article result before the change on the normal search was “STRIKE BACK! ECHOES’ WINTER 2011/2012 IMPRESSIONS” and the AJAX search showed “RIDE THE SKIES! CHROMA’S SPRING 2016 IMPRESSIONS!” first. Basically looking to revert the normal search back to show “STRIKE BACK! ECHOES’ WINTER 2011/2012 IMPRESSIONS” first, but have the AJAX search match that as well.

Thanks again for your assistance on this.

David Martin – Support

Hi,

I’ve been looking into further this afternoon, unfortunately there is nothing I can provide right now that can match the two up perfectly as needed.

I’ll need to have a chat with the team further about this and see if this can be improved going forward.

Cheers,
    David.

HiroiSekai

Ah okay, I thought it would be as simple as just reversing the search method but it sounds like it’s more complicated. While we’re on the subject of search, is there a way to prevent the search from searching through my pages and individual file uploads? It’s even digging up my logo image upload and maintenance pages, and I don’t want visitors seeing them.

Thanks as always!

David Martin – Support

That is not the default behaviour of the search, are you using any plugins or custom search query tweaks?

– Pages is normal though, are you wanting to exclude pages from the search? A plugin like this can help you remove certain pages: https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/search-exclude/

HiroiSekai

Thanks for the link, I am not using any tweaks or plugins for the search. It just gives a strange result which seems to mix and match between keywords in post titles and post content. Don’t know how to have it search universally for the keywords only within article titles.

I will definitely check out the link for excluding pages in the search.

For the time being, I’d like to check one more thing. I’ve been spending the last while doing a bunch of media query CSS for every device I could think of. One universal problem I still have is the WordPress audio player not displaying its progress bar, time and volume sliders properly. They just kind of float all over the place. If you look at this page (http://hiroi-sekai.com/stargazing-flower-in-green-nakajima-megumi/) on a phone, tablet and desktop they are all missing a volume slider as well as a track progress bar. On other pages (http://hiroi-sekai.com/phoenix-wright-remnants-of-the-past/) in a desktop view, the volume slider is shown, but completely underneath the player itself. Also, the track length is attached on the left hand side, still with no progress bar in sight.

I have attached two images to show my examples of what’s happening. What CSS do I need to change to ensure every mobile, tablet and desktop device will see the proper player with all of its features in the right place? (Basically, I need img1 and img2 to look like img3 on any device)

Thanks as always!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

That is native WP functionality, are you on the latest WP core version?

The below will tidy it to the below screenshots:

.mejs-controls a.mejs-horizontal-volume-slider {
        right: 30px;
        position: absolute !important;
    }
    @media only screen and (max-width: 375px) and (min-width: 321px) {
    .mejs-controls a.mejs-horizontal-volume-slider {
        display: none!important;
    }
    }

HiroiSekai

Hi David,

I am definitely on the newest version of WordPress. I tried out the code and it seemed to show up on desktop sizes (although it still overlaps the progress bar over the total time text and volume slider, screenshot attached), but the mobile devices still show an empty space. I tried clearing every single cache available and still nothing. Any ideas?

Also, is your first screenshot supposed to only have the progress bar stretch about 10% of the whole player? There’s still a large gap that doesn’t look too good.

Thanks as always.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

The widths of those are dynamically created by the WP core. It’s not set within the theme CSS.

Do you have a login so I can take a closer look?

Have you tested this with Twenty16 enabled?

HiroiSekai
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

If you switch to “Text” view tab, can you replace the [audio] shortcode with just this http://hiroi-sekai.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Flower-in-Green.mp3 and then re-save?

HiroiSekai

Tried it, same problem.

David Martin – Support

Hi,

I’ll need to check this further with the team, do you have a staging site/login we can use also?

HiroiSekai
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

Thanks for those. I will need to check this the team further – thanks for your patience.

– David.

HiroiSekai

Thanks for checking.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register