New Landing How can we help? Atelier Visual Composer Quircks –

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    Sotiris

After a lot of tweaking and testing I have made a page that consists of both VC and SPB elements working perfectly now.

As I said above the trick is to use Swift Page Builder as normal but for every VC element you want to insert in the page/post it has to be in text shortcode mode. You can create whatever you want on a temporary page with VC, then switch to classic – text mode and copy all the text shortcodes to a text block in your SPB page. It works like a charm but in order to edit it you need to either maintain the original VC page (I don’t) or copy back the text shortcodes and edit it with VC elsewhere.

One other idea is to use SPB sections with VC and save them for easy re-editing in the future but that would be far easier if categories get supported (SPB sections) so the area does not get cluttered.

This way you get the best of both worlds – SPB as the main editor which I prefer and the ability to use the fancy VC addons.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Not sure if you use this pugin
    http://codecanyon.net/item/templatera-template-manager-for-visual-composer/5195991

But it seems to similar to our SPB Section. That can be also another way to connect the 2 builders. I image that the templaterra creates also a shortcode that can be placed inside our Spb section.

This way you will still be able to manage VC elements visually inside the Templatera.

What do you think?

p.s- We can continue the SPB Sections discussion in the other topic

-Rui

Sotiris

Templatera does not produce a single shortcode the same as SPB sections do I think.

For example:

A) I built an SPB section that I need to use its single line shortcode.
    B) I add this SPB section as an element to a temporary page and then switch to classic editor view.
    C) I see a short shortcode with the SPB section ID
    D) I can copy this shortcode to the private content container once and then each time I edit this SPB section the private page displays the new content as well.

The advantage is that essentially I can use the Swift Page Builder within the private content container while otherwise it would not be possible. You see it is not a standard custom post type and uses its own text editor that accepts html and shortcodes.

I can not achieve this with Templatera and have dynamic content editing capability at the same time since a) it needs VC to work (can’t in this post type) and b) it does not produce a single shortcode with the id of the section so you have to copy the whole new content again in the private container.

It is just a way to save a page template just like you do with the “Save Template” feature in Swift Page Builder since VC does not offer this on its on. Damn they do not even offer the option to save an element. All in all, SPB wins hands down here and it is also much more efficient and fast in doing so.

Simply put SPB works seamlessly while VC is a hassle and a lot slower in general in my site. I only use it for some of the fancy addons, not for post and page building – just certain elements.

Some features that would be nice to see in Swift Page Builder are:

A) The ability to add page specific CSS straight into the page

B) Independent left-right margin/padding settings for each element such as VC (top-bottom is not needed as there are many ways to set it). I am using the override classes many times but these are only for zeroing margins/paddings. Another workaround is using these classes selectively in a column (i.e. left) and then in an inside element (i.e. right) to define different paddings left and right. Nonetheless, even the per page custom css option would help a lot here rather than going to the main theme Custom CSS editor for small things like the above.

I can’t think of anything else right now but will certainly add more feedback if something comes up.

Sotiris

It seems that I had not payed attention to Templetera. It supports what you say so I will put it on my list to buy and check.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

ok. I’m also not sure because I also don’t have that plugin but since it’s a template manager the shortcode produced should be unique so you only have insert it once in the desired page/post.

-Rui

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register