New Landing How can we help? Atelier Visual Composer Quircks –

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    Sotiris

Hi there,

I am testing Atelier with Visual Composer in order to use one of its addons on a subdomain site of my WPMU installation.

There are no other active plugins aside Swift Framework and VC and this really good add-on (http://codecanyon.net/item/visual-composer-extensions/7190695). The problem I will describe below occurs even with the addon disabled.

So here is what happens:

If I add an element form VC in the page I can hit update and all goes fine and displays fine in the front-end.

When I try to edit any row or element container (not the main element content) the “Update” button from publishing options on the right (the main WP button) disappears along with the page scrolling. Can’t update or scroll up/down anymore.

Looking at it with developer tools what happens is:

This element

div#publishing-action input#publish.button.button-primary.button-large

has a value of “display: none;”

Disabling this value brings back the “Update” button and works as expected. I have not checked on scrolling but I suspect something similar.

Do you have any idea why this happens? The same problem occurs in a single install local copy as well so it is not WPMU.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you try it with WordPress default theme so we can be sure if it’s theme related or not?

Thanks

-Rui

Sotiris

Hmm it is working fine with Twenty Fifteen so it must be something with the Theme.

I also tried with Swift Page Builder Disabled.

Sotiris

BTW, same thing happens in Cardinal too.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @Sotiris

I’m aware of these issues – they only occur if our Page Builder is active too. If you disable that in theme options all is fine.

I’m looking into fixing these this today. It’s part of the Swift Framework plugin now, so very easy to push updates.

– Ed

Sotiris

Hmm there is something conflicting with the Swift Framework plugin (using latest 1.02) so disabling the page builder does not do the trick for me. Still the moment I try to edit an element container (row or column) the update bottom get the “display: none;” style.

If I try to switch theme I also get php errors e.g.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function sf_get_category_list() in C:\UniServerZ\vhosts\testsite\wp-content\plugins\swift-framework\includes\page-builder\shortcodes\testimonial.php on line 191

It is also not possible to disable the Swift Framework plugin – it simply does not gets disabled (not network enabled).

I have to Network disable the Theme in order to be able to access the subdomain again and switch theme.

It is certainly Theme specific since VC works with other themes I tried.

Sotiris
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @Sotiris

Thanks for the feedback. We are looking at extending and building on a builder in the future in as many ways as possible. Still working on the plans for that though.

If you check your admin area shortly, you should see an update for the framework plugin – this will fix the disabled scrolling and hidden publish button issues when using the Visual Composer. I can’t replicate the issue with the meta box showing above, I’ll take a further look into this.

I can’t replicate any issue to throw a fatal error, can you please confirm on the steps to replicate this?

If I try to switch theme I also get php errors e.g.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function sf_get_category_list() in C:\UniServerZ\vhosts\testsite\wp-content\plugins\swift-framework\includes\page-builder\shortcodes\testimonial.php on line 191

In the next Atelier update, the plugin isn’t forced.

Thanks,

– Ed

Sotiris

Yes that did the trick. It is working properly now and with Swift Page Builder enabled which means that can use both on a site (great) just not on the same page which is not so important.

The php errors did not persist and went away with 1-2 refreshes so maybe cache related. Can’t reproduce it either now.

Glad to hear about the builder plans. It is such a great tool you have there.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thanks @Sotiris , appreciate it.

Glad all the issues are sorted now.

– Ed

Sotiris

Something interesting.

I have created a VC page and have also enabled Ultimate Add-ons for VC + VC Extensions + Intense plugins and have also added a complete SPB Section that includes 3 widgets (custom styled) and it ALL displays fine.

So it seems that you can use items from BOTH builders on the same page. The trick is to create the SPB section, switch to classic editor, copy the text shortcodes and then add them to the VC page in a Text Block. It works like a charm.

Now I would also like to test it the other way round – i.e. to build the page with Swift Page builder and use VC elements (text shortcodes created elsewhere) within text blocks.

Guys if this keeps working I think that you have the only theme in the market with such powerful page building features.

Sotiris

It is actually working! I pasted a VC element (from ultimate addons) in text mode within a SPB text block and it displays fine.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Great news!

Anything else you think we could do to make that process simpler?

– Ed

Sotiris

Right now since both builders can be enabled the user has to create VC elements in another page using VC, then switch to classic and text mode and copy the end result so it can be pasted into an SPB Text block. You can always go back and re-edit visually the shortcode. (It also works vice-versa SPB to VC).

The only way I can imagine, that could allow the creation and visual editing of VC elements within SPB would be to contact the authors of thos VC add-ons and check with them if they could add support for SPB.

Other than that I can’t think of anything else. It is not too much trouble to create the elements in another temporary page though only used for VC element editing. You don’t need to save the temp page since the text shortcodes can always be copied back to another temp page and be edited again. A bit of hassle yes but it adds so many elements to the mix (VC addons) that it is worth it.Think of it as an independent Shortcode generator for SPB Text blocks.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Glad to hear that you managed to work it out as you like.

Not sure how feasible it will be to get the VC add-ons to work with our builder, but I’ll take a look when I get some time.

Thanks,

– Ed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register