New Landing How can we help? Atelier Video background no covering full row

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    eternalbeta

I’m having an issue very similar to the below issue, although mine is slightly different so I wanted to make a new thread:

Display bug on video background with fallback image

I have a video background set up for a row with a static fallback image. Under a certain browser width (about 1100px), the video does not cover the whole section and the fallback image shows on the top and bottom. As soon as I start to resize the browser even 1px, the video snaps to covering the whole section as it should.

I am not using any caching and have confirmed this happens in multiple browsers.

Thanks

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Do you mean the 1st row?
    I tried to resize the browser and it always showing the video.

Are you emulating any mobile device?

Let me know so I can replicate it.

-Rui

eternalbeta

Yes, the first row. I am not using any mobile emulation and have confirmed this issue in both Chrome and Firefox on multiple machines. IE appears to work as intended and I have not been able to test in Safari.

Resize your browser down to where the mobile menu appears, then reload the page. The fallback image background shows on both the top and bottom of the video. As soon as the browser is resized even one pixel from there, the video snaps back to covering the whole area. Please see attached image. This behavior actually begins wider than this (a little above 1100px wide), but this width made for a better screenshot.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Now I see what you mean. Can you just test it without custom css and with all plugins deactivated except Swift Framework so we can discard any possible plugin conflict?

If it doesn’t work provide us admin credentials in a private reply.

Thanks
    -Rui

eternalbeta
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

I can replicate this on your site.

Can I suggest you build the video slideshow with the Swift Slider, then in the page meta include the slider into the page that way? Using this method, I do not get the same issue as using a video on a row background.

– David

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thanks for the heads up, just fixed this for the next update, due to be released within the next 24 hours.

– Ed

eternalbeta

Thanks guys. This site is still in Dev so luckily I can just wait for the update for the fix.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

That’s great. Thanks Ed.
    -Rui

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.