New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Updating site breaks the layout and page builder

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    George

Hey Ed,

I’ve just pushed all updates to my live site, including the swift framework plugin you sent me and the layout is still broken.

You can now check this as i’ve pushed it to my staging site.

Disabled plugins and it’s not them. Again it must be a conflict with the swift framework plugin :(!

Please have a look at my new staging site (where I updated my live site with all updates including the plugin you sent)

Thanks.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi George

Looking at the staging site and all looks ok as far as I can see. Can you confirm which URL you see the issue on?

– Ed

George

Hi Ed,

An example is: https://staging.eventswt.flywheelsites.com/australian-open-2018-packages/

The layout of the first row (under the image asset) is squished in the centre, it should be edge to edge.

This is happening across most pages/posts, can you please check this out for me urgently!

Thank you.

George

Hi Ed,

I think I found the issue. With the newest version you gave me (unreleased) it causes posts to ‘unactivate’ page builder mode, so row widths etc are set to off. I think went to all my posts, edited and then clicked page builder and updated, they all appear to be working now.

Thanks.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi George

This should only be if the page is edited + saved without the page builder being active, after the update – but glad you sorted it. Let us know if you have any more issues!

– Ed

George

Hi Ed, it’s every post and every page!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Even without saving said page? Do you have an example page?

– Ed

George

Hi Ed,

Yep it’s every post and page, see what happens below:

E.g post/page: https://events.com.au/

On the home page you can see the top image is not full width (it was full width before the latest swiftframework update).

When I edit the page the page builder is not active (just native text editor), so I click on page builder to bring up the rows and assets. Then I adjust the top row from standard width to full width stretched. This is the same across all posts and pages, having to enable the page builder and change asset width’s that have somehow changed with the update.

Importantly it’s not every row on every page/post.

Other various examples:

https://events.com.au/world-rugby-sevens-2016-2017/ – here the google map is not full width when it should be.
    https://events.com.au/australian-open-2018-packages/ – top image and map
    https://events.com.au/brisbane-international-2018/ – map only

Not sure what to make of that, but going through and setting them all correct today.

Thanks for your help!

George

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hmm, I’m not seeing issues with any of those pages that you have mentioned – have you tried clearing browser cache?

They don’t look to have been already corrected either as I can see they are set to legacy mode (something which we added to check the state).

– Ed

George

Hi Ed,

I’ve corrected the home page.

Example 1 i’ve attached a screenshot, cache is clear.

The problems are highlighted above, the example haven’t been fixed yet.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Which browser are you seeing this in? Here is what I’m seeing in Chrome on the example posted:

– Ed

George

Hey Ed,

Yes, i’ve now changed them all as the layout was unprofessional. I went through every post and amended.

Cheers,

George

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi George,

Fair enough. If there is any other instance that you have, or you can provide the page code to replicate, we’ll be happy to look further.

– Ed

JoseYazz

Hello,
    I got the same problem with the recent update of Swift Framework plugin , everything goes full width. Already tried to set Row to Full Width (stretched) but nothing happens.

Any idea, please.

Thank you!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @JoseYazz

Do you have a link to your site? Do you have the latest version of the theme, and do you have a child theme active?

– Ed

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register