New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Updating site breaks the layout and page builder

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    George

Hello,

I have currently rolled back to the following:

WP: 4.7.1
    Cardinal: 2.5.60

When I try to update my plugins to all the latest versions (Gravity Forms, OptinMonster, Swift Framework, WP Smush and Yoast SEO) and Cardinal to v2.6.11, I experience a number of problems listed below.

1. Contained rows lose their spacing. Rows with text become full width, while other row assets like images, maps and colored background rows become standard widths. I cannot go through each page/post within my site and set to the new full width contained option as this is both time consuming and doesn’t work for rev sliders, images and other full width colored assets.
    2. Page builder mode doesn’t work when updating to the latest version of Yoast SEO (4.0.2) currently i’m using 3.9. When I’m on a post editor the page builder button doesn’t appear and i’m stuck on the normal editor mode, I also cannot change to the text editor mode either. When updating a post like this the layout for the entire post is broken.

There may be other errors but these are the two main ones i’ve noticed instantly. I rolled back from yesterdays backup, so my site is functional as we have often over 1500 unique viewers each day and we cannot be un-operational with the bad layout while we fix it, as we lose business and professionalism.

Love to hear more about what I can do about fixing these errors.

Cheers,

George

David Martin – Support

Hi,

Do you have a staging site, if not can your hosting provider set one up so you can test and amend these issues before doing so on the live site?

I’d like to see these issues, obviously do not want to ruin the live site.

George

Hi David,

Just confirming with our host flywheel and will get back to you via this thread.

Thanks.

George
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

1) Sure, I’ll need to chat with the lead dev to see what can be done here. Normally for the odd Row on a couple of pages I’d say to tweak the Row setting to Fullwidth stretched.

2) I no longer see this after update:

George

Hi David,

1) It’s all rows on all pages!

2) The page builder doesn’t work when Yoast SEO is upgraded from 3.9 to 4.1, i cannot figure out how to update this on the staging site, but it happens on my live site.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi George,

1) I can see an issue with the spacing on the top blocks asset on the home page, but can’t see any others on the site, can you please point any of these out for me to look into?

2) Do you have the latest version? We raised this issue with Yoast (it’s an issue their end) and it looks like it’s been fixed.. https://github.com/Yoast/wordpress-seo/issues/5761

Thanks,

– Ed

George
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

We were trying to get to a conclusion on this but it seems that the SwiftFramework version changed? it’s not the latest anymore. Can you update it so we keep checking it?

Also tested the latest Yoast with Cardinal on my dev server and it worked fine. Can you update Yoast in the staging site so we can have a look?

Thanks

-Rui

George
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @George

Apologies for the delayed reply – it’s an issue with the padding on the columns, which we adjusted during a previous update. Looking into the best way to resolve this, we’ll update you asap.

Thanks,

– Ed

George

Thanks Ed, look forward to hearing from you.

David Martin – Support

Thanks Ed, @George will update you asap.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi George,

Apologies for the delay. Been trying to grab the home page contents from your staging site, but keep getting a 500 error – could you possibly send the contents of the page from the “Text” tab over when possible? Want to test this locally before we push an update.

Thanks,

– Ed

George

Hi Ed,

Attached the raw text for the home page. There is indeed something wrong with the staging site which i’ll ask my host about.

Cheers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register