New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Uplift Trying to add a keyword search function, not super search

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Posted in: Uplift
    nanhann

I need to add a “search” function to my page. I’m currently using one page navigation in the left side bar and the Accordion Elements for the content.

I inserted the “Search” element above the Accordion Elements, but it doesn’t seem to be functioning.

I’d be ok with adding a search plugin to the left sidebar instead, but can’t figure out how to do that with the one page navigation enabled.

Thanks for your help!

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

It’s not possible to add content to that navigation menu.
    I guess in alternative you can enable the search of the header.

-Rui

nanhann

I thought that might be the case. I also tried adding the “Search” element directly on the page. It seems to be searching, but doesn’t come up with any results. All the content is within the Accordion boxes. Is there a way to make that text searchable?

If I put the search function in the header I’m assuming I’d have the same issue of it not finding anything.

Thanks for your help.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

That is the default search mechanism, it should find something.

What word are you trying to search?

-Rui

nanhann

I searched several word that were on that page.

Browser,
    Levels,
    Care, etc.

Nothing comes up.

If you’d like I can put the search function back on the page and you can try it.

nanhann

Hi Rui,

Also, when I do a search it shows the “empty” results on some kind of default page with an ugly format. I don’t see where I can either edit that page or designate a new landing page for the search results if we get them working.

Thanks again for your help,
    Nancy

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

But the WordPress search doesn’t search inside the pages or posts.
    Try this plugin to power up the search functionality.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/relevanssi/

Hope it helps.

-Rui

nanhann

Ok, I have that plugin. If I just insert the “Search Element” from the Swift Page Builder will it automatically pull the Relevanssi plugin functionality or do I need to insert it some other way?

Thanks again!

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

exactly since we use the default WordPress search, it should be affected by Relevanssi settings.

-Rui

nanhann

OK, I’ll give it a try and let you know shortly. Can you answer the question about the Search results Landing page? I’m assuming that’s a default page in the theme but I can’t find it to change the formatting.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

That isn’t a default page, it’s a php template and isn’t editable visually 🙁

-Rui

nanhann

Hmm, so is it possible to redirect the search results to a different page?

Thanks again!

nanhann

I activated the plug-in you suggested, then inserted the search element from the Swift Page Builder and it still doesn’t find the text within the accordion boxes or headers.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

I’m not sure how that plugin works, I just tested with the default WordPress theme twenty 16 and it also didn’t return any results.

Unfortunately this outside the theme support scope since we use the default WordPress search.

-Rui

nanhann

Thanks Rui,

I added the plugin based on your suggestion. I think the ultimate issue is that the Accordion Element is designed so that search functions do not see the content inside the titles and text fields. Is there a way to change that?

Thanks again,
    Nancy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register