New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Thumbnail Images vary in sizes…hard crop is on!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
    snarfe

Hi, have scoured the other many posts on image and thumbnail image size though not found a solution.

Recently uploaded new products and images went crazy. They were actually fine: thumbnails all same size, hard crop in centre of image (as per default) though after new prods, ALL are now wrong.

On Shop page showing categories, thumbnails vary in size
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/cxo5zvawrpw2uxh/Screenshot%202017-02-25%2018.21.24.png?dl=0

Product Image thumbnails vary in size
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ah6rrilkt1vfgmc/Screenshot%202017-02-25%2018.22.38.png?dl=0

Roll over on carousel crops but not in middle of original image (image on right is “rolled over”)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzgdmhkerot6zi1/Screenshot%202017-02-25%2018.23.26.png?dl=0

In WC Settings > Product > Display:

Catalog Images 540 × 540 Hard Crop? Y
    Single Product Image 540 × 540 Hard Crop? Y
    Product Thumbnails 270 × 270 Hard Crop? Y

Thumbnails have been regenerated numerous times, after each settings change.

Plugins and child-theme have all been disabled and tested. No change.

Starting to think could be css, though nothing has changed! No new plugins, no code changes, just new products, new sliders, a new page…

David Martin – Support

What image ratio sizes are you initially uploading?

The images need to be a correct ratio/size in order to be regenerated to the required dimensions.

snarfe

even if hard crop is on? Images I’Ve uploaded are not the same size, though isn’t that the point of the hard crop feature, to crop regardless of image size?

As said, uploaded image size varies though width is always 1250px. Three I chose at random: 1250 x 1184 // 1250 x 1875 // 1250 x 833

David Martin – Support

Please add a WP login for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

snarfe
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

Your images should be better prepared before uploading, either a consistent ratio or a set size like 1024×1024 for example.

Is there any scope to disable your plugins to check this is not plugin related?

snarfe

thanks for the answer David.

Though, I still don’t get it. The “lifestyle” images are pretty much all 1250 x 1875 (portrait) and 1250 x 833 (landscape). Correct me if I’m wrong, though I thought hard crop should crop the photo to the chosen dimensions (in my case 270×270) from the centre of the original, like it does in the media gallery when looking at the “gallery” or “tiled” view.

As said in the OP, I already tried disabling all plugins and child theme, there was no change.

David Martin – Support

I’d like to get our lead dev’s opinion on this also. Do you mind keeping the plugins (not WooCommerce)/child theme disable whilst we look?

Thanks.

snarfe

Erm, well when exactly are you/the dev going to look? I can’t leave it like that for so long, a couple of hours maybe (also night-time in Central-Europe would be best!)

David Martin – Support

We can do this later today, UK GMT? Tricky to align our times with your though, let us know.

Thanks.

snarfe

Sounds great! Quietest time online for us would be after 8pm (UK GMT), if that’s possible? Let me know…also, do I need to do something, be online at the time or will you take care of everything (disabling plugins, etc.)?

David Martin – Support

No need anymore, I can to some extent replicate this locally. In discussion with the team now.

Thanks.

snarfe

Hey guys, any update on this?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Not sure. Will forward it to my colleague David.

-Rui

David Martin – Support

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I’ve been working on this in between other tasks. My findings:

1) I could easily replicate this on my dev version:

2) I suspected, yet had to confirm the image sizes were generated from WooCommerce > Settings > Products > Display > Catalog Images

3) I adjust my sizes to test and confirm this. I also rebuilt the image using the plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/

4) My tests conclude the image sizes are indeed controlled from Woo WooCommerce > Settings > Products > Display > Catalog Images .

5) The reason your images are not cropping down correctly is because either the size WxH or the ratio is too small on upload to correctly create a correct minimum ratio square image which would be: 270 x 270. Hence the smaller height.

Please upload a larger ratio/size image. Ex: 1200×800.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register