New Landing How can we help? Atelier Site title and tagline question

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    dm13

hi guys. searched every option i can think of in the dashboard and in the theme options etc.. and cant find it. i swear there was an option there somewhere to adjust the height of the site title and tagline.. mine is currently red right across the top of the site http://nightmaircreations – and i’d like to make it thinner and also..

was there an option to not have so much white space between the top of the site tagline and the bottom of the menu headings? i’m sure i saw that somewhere too? if not thats fine.. but its driving me crazy

David Martin – Support

Hi,

Are you referring to your re page heading? You can use this CSS to reduce the spacing:

.page-heading {
        padding-top: 15px!important;
        padding-bottom: 15px!important;
    }

Thanks,
    David.

dm13

hi David that will probably help yes but i was meaning the red horizontal stripe aka the page title and tag line (thats what WP calls it).

nightMair Creations

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please use this custom css code:-

.page-heading {
        margin-bottom:10px !important;
    }

Thanks
    Mohammad

dm13

hi guys okay i tried the code it didnt to anything. And no.. i dont want to reduce the padding between components.. i dont want to reduce the white space. if you look at my page there is a red horizontal bar that ties into the site tagline/page title. I found the area to change the color of it (on my home page in the theme) but i want to make it skinnier.. it is sitting at about 120px high, i want it about 100px or slightly less so that it basically jumps the rest of the page up higher, above ‘the fold’. thanks.

nightMair Creations

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please provide me marked screenshot to indicate the issue.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

dm13

screen shot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    You did not mark the issue in screenshot.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

dm13

Mohammed i think something is not being understood.. I am not explaining things well perhaps? There is no ‘issue’. What I want to know is if there is a way to make that red bar that holds my site title, thinner. If there ia a way in the css or in the theme settings or page editor to make it skinnier, less thick, smaller height.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please use this custom css code. It will make the red bar skinnier, less thick, smaller height.

.page-heading {
        margin-bottom:10px !important;
    }

Thanks
    Mohammad

dm13

hi Mohammed. didnt work. tried it in firefox and safari and deleted cache. just got an email for another theme update but its 1am so will do that tomorrow and see if the css works then.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok no problem

dm13

quick question for any of you. i have a child theme installed (first time using one) i have made no changes to it except for the custom CSS in the Swift Framework options section. There is a new Atelier update out, as well as a Swift framework update. i’ve done the plugin update, but not the theme update. If i update the theme, does that take out my CSS? if it does its easy enough to copy, update, paste back in just want to know first. Also.. i dont ‘get’ how a child theme works. If i update the Atelier, does that update the child? if it doesnt then how do the updates and fixes of the theme work with a child theme installed? guess i’m a nuts and bolts geek 🙂

David Martin – Support

Hi,

The child theme is not touched by the auto update, it is only changed if you manually change the child theme files. Your CSS will remain as is.

Ref: https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes#Why_use_a_Child_Theme.3F

Thanks,
    David

dm13

Hi David thanks for the link. Theme is updated but asking if i want to activate it. if i do, that unactivates the child theme right? If i dont, do the fixes cross over to the child theme automatically?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register