New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Shortcode generator not working

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    offshoreit

I have experienced very strange problem. While trying to input a short code generator showed 404 error. I have included a screenshot

offshoreit

After updating to v 1.01, site displays fatal error. This is completely unacceptable.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

The shortcode generator issue is likely a permissions issue on your server. Please can you check that the /swift-framework/sf-shortcodes folder and /swift-framework/sf-shortcodes/interface.php file have 755 writeable permissions. If still no go, then you may want to ask your host to check for you.

How did you update to v1.01? It looks like it’s only partially updated, as it can’t find one of the theme’s functions.

Apologies that you think this is unacceptable, however nothing here is to do with the theme, but in fact issues local to your setup. Even though that’s the case, we’re happy to help you to get all this sorted.

– Ed

matt3

I’m having the same problem, the shortcodes button doesn’t work and the permissions have been changed to 755. This is the error displayed.

Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /realitypr/wp-content/themes/dante/swift-framework/sf-shortcodes/interface.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@matt3 – have you contacted your host? They may be able to check this out and resolve it for you, as it is either going to be something to do with your permissions, are htaccess settings.

– Ed

matt3

Hi Ed,

The file permissions are all fine and set to 755 but I still can’t use the shortcode button.

Bureau Spruit

Hi there,

Great theme, but we’re experiencing the exact same problem :(. Changed the file permissions, but without any luck.
    Never had this before with any other theme

excelim

I’ll chime in here as well. Changed file permissions and still no go. Ed, any update on this?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hey guys,

I’m investigating this. It’s definitely down to a server permissions/security issue, but hopefully I’ll have some more solid information for you to resolve this on your end.

If anyone could please respond with a link/login in a private reply so that I can check the error message you get, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

– Ed

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

In the meantime, we do have a full shortcode reference here that you can check if you need to add in shortcodes: http://dante.swiftideas.net/documentation/#buttons

– Ed

excelim

Is there a list with all icons and their names available somewhere?

excelim
    This reply has been marked as private.
    excelim

Guys resolved this issue by finding and removing the following in my .htaccess file:

<Files *.php>
    deny from all
    </Files>

Hope that does the trick for you as well!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

You can find a list of all gizmo icons here: http://dante.swiftideas.net/documentation/gizmo/
    and all FontAwesome icons here: http://fontawesome.io/icons/

– Ed

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Glad you sorted it, thanks for posting it for others.

– Ed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register