New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Product Image not showing in mobile version

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    Frank

Hi,

The product image doesn’t show in mobile for some reason. As you can see in the screenshot attached the div height seems to be set to 0.

Could you please advise how to resolve this?

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Frank

Hi,

Just to follow up on that. It looks like the display of the mobile version doesn’t work on the site compared to your demo one. The product description remains in tabs instead of accordion, the bottom part where suggested products appear displays very small thumbnaits.

The flexslider at the top fails to show in both mobile and desktop but not consistently (I cleared my browser cache to see if it makes a difference and again it is not consistent, it works on one product and then fails to show the flexslider again). When opening an “incognito” window on chrome for instance, it looks like it then works again
    I have attached a couple of screenshots for you to see.

Looking forward to some help on this

Attachments:
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @frankmaniere

Looks like only 2 images are being output in the main slider, which suggests there may be an issue in the product gallery setup on your product admin. Are you using WPML by any chance?

The tabs/accordion setting can be set in Theme Options > WooCommerce Options, this is a setting which you can decide on.

– Ed

Frank

Hi Ed,

I am not using WPML at this stage. We only have an English version of the site. Let me know if you need access to the admin panel to further investigate.
    I am not familiar with the product gallery set up you are referring to in your reply.

Noted for the accordion/tabs set up that this is a setting I can modify.

Thanks,

Frank

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

In this case we will need the admin access to look further.
    Use the private reply option. Thanks.

-Rui

Frank
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you update to the latest Dante version?
    Thanks

-Rui

Frank

Hi Rui,

I updated to the latest version of the theme and the problem persists. The product image doesn’t display on the product page or is very slow to load.
    Is there anything to do about this. It’s been there despite several theme updates.

Thanks,

Frank

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

The product page always displayed in the tests I made. The speed is due to many factor, specially the hosting provider.

You can also add a cache plugin like W3 Supercache or W3Total Cache to speed up the site response.

-Rui

Frank

Hi Rui,

Thanks for taking a look. I don’t understand why this is inconsistent. The bug occurs on both my laptop and mobile (iphone) though. see screenshots attached.

Could you take a closer look at what could be the reason for this happening? It seems that returning visitors have the issue but not new ones. Could it have something to do with the browser caching a script and not running it when a visitor returns. For instance, when I open an “incognito” page with chrome or a “private” browsing page with Safari, the issue seems to go away.
    This being said, loading time is quite long before the product image block displays on the page. Could this be because the images are too big in size?

Thanks for following up.

Frank

Attachments:
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

It also loads fine on mobile, and it wasn’t slow.
    The images 562×562 with around 30kb each what is pretty good.

Tried in Chrome/Firefox/Safari and it always loaded the images, just sometimes the images take a bit longer to load but that also be from your server time response.

Since it’s also working fine for you in incognito mode it should work fine in all the visitors of your site.

Since you are developing your site and had several version updates in the middle the browser can be using some old versions of some of the files an cause an abnormal situation that no one else can reproduce.

Try to erase again all offline content in the browser.

-Rui

Frank

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. However, this issue is still unresolved. One of our prospective customers event sent us an email about it and mentioned they tried on various browsers and the issue consistently occurred.
    Could you please look further into this? I am still having the problem myself despite having cleared my cache in my desktop browsers and mobile.

Being able to see the product images is key to converting visits into sales and we are currently not offering a good customer experience as products dont display properly.

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Frank

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

The image still loads to me, although it seems to take sometime to load.
    Will forward to Ed maybe he can find something.

-Rui

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @Frank

It’s all loading super quick here, no issues at all on multiple browsers/devices.

One idea might be to install a cache plugin such as WP Super Cache?

– Ed

Frank

Hi Ed
    Thanks for your reply. We’ve all tried it in incognito mode/private browser and had the same issue across different Mobil devices. This week we’ve even had someone contact us through our website saying “just to let you know you have a problem with your carousel on the product pages”. This is a serious issue for us as its affecting sales because people cannot view our products other than in a tiny thumbnail. I’ve contacted support numerous times now about this issue. Can you please advise urgently how to rectify these bugs as it appears at this stage this theme is not at all suitable or ready for mobile ecommerce and we are going to look at moving our site elsewhere if you cannot fix this issue as its detrimental to our business.
    Many thanks in advance
    Frank

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register