Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
    creatorofstuff

I’m wondering if it’s possible to use the .po / .mo files in the child theme because every time Neighborhood gets an update, I have to remember to edit the language again. I tried searching but I couldn’t find anything I could easily understand. Thank you!

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please copy and paste language directory from parent theme to child theme and it should work fine . It would be best to send us the files, then we can include them in the next update .

Thanks

creatorofstuff

Thank you. I’ll copy to the child theme. I’m unclear on why you would want my files. (?) Maybe not everyone would want the changes I have made… can you explain?

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    We just want to translation files for theme and you will not never face any issue after upgrade .

Thanks

creatorofstuff

This did not work, by the way. I had to write over the actual theme files in the language folder. Putting another language folder under my child theme did nothing.

creatorofstuff

My changes are not another language. I’m simply trying to resolve the inconsistencies of use of the word “cart” and “bag”. It seems the theme uses “shopping bag” and WooCommerce uses “shopping cart”. It feels unprofessional to me to have that inconsistency on my site. Therefore, I’ve translated all of the instances of “bag” to “cart”. ๐Ÿ™‚

Mohammad – SUPPORT

HI,
    Thanks for your explanation . I am very thankfull to you .
    Thanks

creatorofstuff

No problem.

So regarding the child theme thing, is there something more I must do beyond simply putting the language folder in the child theme directory? Maybe do something in the config.sys or something like that? I’m not very well versed in the inner workings of WordPress.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please try this one and let me know your feedback .
    Note -: Please take a backup of your pop and mo files before making any change .

Thanks

creatorofstuff

Sorry? Try what?

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Please copy and paste language directory from parent theme to child theme and it should work fine .

creatorofstuff

I already did that (see comments above) and it did not work. I was only able to see the changes after I copied my edited files into the Neighborhood directory. It did NOT work when I put the language folder in the child theme directory without editing the ones in the Neighborhood directory as well. ๐Ÿ™

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,

Please put this code functions.php at child theme
    load_theme_textdomain(‘swiftframework’, get_stylesheet_directory_uri().’/language’);
    Hope that helps.

With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

creatorofstuff

Thank you. Do you mean …_url(), or is that correct with _uri()? Thanks.

creatorofstuff

I think that must have been wrong – it crashed my site.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register