New Landing How can we help? Atelier Not able to create NEW PAGE or PRODUCT, defaults to Gallery

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    hellojonesie

Since the latest update of WordPress & Atelier & Swift (& WPML) earlier this week, there are many different problems I am experiencing but one of them seems to be related to the Atelier theme. With my web master, we believe there to also be an overlapping problem with WPML, which is why we have also contacted them separately.

Every time I try to create a a new page or a new product on my website, it automatically defaults to the “Galleries” feature with galleries categories. I do have several galleries created so I can see these categories on the right, however it’s clearly marked “New Product” or “New Page” at the top.

Also, as you can see in the second screenshot, I am no longer able to add any new media to my page, it just remains in the “crunching” phase.

Have you seen this before?

Thank you,
    Amy

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    hellojonesie

Hello team,

I know it says this will move me back to the end of the support queue but I am just gently following up because this is getting quite dire. Please feel free to go into my back office and take a look around, something weird is going on. With WPML, yes, but even with WPML completely deactivated, I am still having problems and I think they are aligned with the theme and the update I did last week. Thank you very much in advance.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

That situation is strange and it doesn’t seem to be related with our theme update.
    Can you try to disable all plugins except SwiftFramework and Woocommerce and try to create again a new product to see if that gallery situation still happens?

-Rui

hellojonesie

Hi Rui

Thanks so much for your response. I have now deactivated all plugins except for WooCommerce and Swift Framework. Please feel free to go onto my account and test this on your own. I can send you the login informations agian if necessary.
    A few points:

1) – I still cannot remove products from my cart. I try removing them one by one and when I refresh the page, they are still in my cart.
    2) – When I go to edit any page, it is no longer on the default of the swift page builder, but in regular text form (see screenshot)
    3) – The Media Library view has completely changed, it’s no longer user friendly at all and I cannot add any new media – it remains “crunching”. (see screenshots)
    4) When I try to create a new page or product, yes, I am still automatically pushed to create a gallery with only gallery categories and a gallery permalink

Is anyone else having these kinds of problems with Swift/ WooCommerce?
    Thanks in advance,
    Amy

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

I tried in my installation and couldn’t replicate the issue. In your site I tried to use Twenty Sixteen and it worked fine.
    Did you changed any file? can you upload the theme files again? Do you have any custom modifications in the htaccess?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6gxz6bhn03qjtfc/atelier.zip?dl=0

Thanks

-Rui

hellojonesie

Hi Rui — what do you mean you tried to use twenty sixteen?
    Also, if I am to upload the theme files, won’t I lose a lot of my settings: the work I have done?
    I have used a lot of Custom CSS directly within the theme options but no custom code..

Thanks,
    Amy

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Don’t worry with the theme options, they are stored in the database so they are safe you can upload the theme files without any problem since the 2( files and theme options) things aren’t related.

I meant that I installed Twenty Sixteen in your website and delete it after testing to check if this was also happening with other theme.

-Rui

hellojonesie

Hi,

What are some of the different ways to re-upload the theme files? Because I now have an Error 500 page when I am trying to access Appearance > Themes and so I cannot see the page. This is also the case when I try to access the “Plugins” page.

Thank you,
    Amy

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    hellojonesie
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Manage to get your site back. The Wishlist plugin in causing the error that stops the site, it’s deactivated for now.
    Can you check if it’s ok?

-Rui

hellojonesie

Hi Rui –

I thought that I responded to your message but it looks like it didn’t go through (haha everything in my life is breaking!!!)
    It seems that deactivated the wishlist plugin brought back my plugin page (yay!!) as well as the ability to remove things from my cart. Woo hoo! If you’re okay with it, I will go ahead and delete that plugin forever because i dont use it.

However I am still unable to add a new page or a new product (error 500) and I am also unable to edit this one product for some reason:

I believe that if you temporarily deactivate the WPML plugin (feel free to do this) that is when you will see the product page and new page feature defaulting directly to galleries and not product or page.

However, good news, it looks like the media display is back to normal, however Im not able to add new media..

I might come back later with more things I find that are weird :O But for now sending this along…!

Thanks again for all your help here Rui

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Can you provide me the error logs in the server? it’s important to understand the reason of that 500 error.
    I didn’t saw the error logs in the directories so maybe they are somewhere else. Check in your hosting cpanel.

-Rui

hellojonesie
    hellojonesie

A friend of mine changed a setting for the errors, you can see them now instead of just “Error 500”

http://www.newsite.hellojonesie.com/wp-admin/post-new.php

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register