New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Menu not collapsing on mobile/tablet

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
    tt1011

Not sure when this started to happen ( i did just update to 1.7.1), but now the main menu will not collapse on mobile and tablet devices. It stays open. clicking 3 lined bar icon (next to search) does not collapse or result in any action.

No errors in console.

Tested with all plugins off, issue persisted.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

This does not happen on our installations, please could you provide me with a link so I can test?

– Kyle

n8-b

This is happening on my site as well. Link below.

n8-b
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi @n8-b

You mobile menu works fine for me? Just tested on iPhone

– Kyle

n8-b

Yeah, sorry not to clarify. The mobile and desktop breakpoints work correctly, but not the @media tablet breakpoint. Both orientations on the iPad display the menu in the open position and the menu icon does nothing. (See screenshots)

Kyle – SUPPORT
    n8-b

Thanks Kyle. I’ll have to ask Ed for the new CSS file because that seems to be the problem. The latest version in Theme Forest is 1.70.

FYI, the last two times I’ve updated via the WordPress admin screen I’ve had problems with some files not being overwritten correctly. I fixed the issues both times by uploading theme files via FTP.

Kyle – SUPPORT

No problem, feel free to jump onto that thread to get involved.

– Kyle

tt1011

– Kyle

After seeing what you said in the other thread about the responsive.css file, all i did was go in and grab an older version of the file and it fixed the problem for me.

I too allowed the WP admin to upgrade the theme from 1.7 to 1.7.1. Theme forest says the latest is 1.7. Please let us know:

1) what the latest version is
    2) if we should ever allow WP admin to update our theme files
    3) if simply pulling in an older responsive.css file is sufficient here, (v1.7) or should I upload (replace) all of the theme files from the 1.7 v just downloaded from themeforrest.

– chris

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Ok great!

Yes, we only put hotfix updates on the WordPress admin, therefore you will not always get the latest version form theme forest. Sometimes when you update through the wordpress admin some old files be still be cached, causing issues.

– Kyle

tt1011

So, it sounds like I have the hot fix update from the wp admin, but the responsive css from the v1.7 themeforrest files. That does not sound ideal. please provide a link to the v1.7.1 responsive.css file or suggest another way forward (unless the responsive.css file was not updated in v.1.7.1, because if that is the case I am good).

thanks

Kyle – SUPPORT

Updating to 1.71 should be fine, it would have just got cached when you updated. You would need to clear the cache

– Kyle

tt1011

Kyle. I don’t think that is the case here, and suggestion: be more explicit when you say clear cache: you mean browser cache?

So it sounds like you are saying we’re the only experiencing this issue, and as such it is/was an issue local to us (and you’re thinking browser cache).

Kyle – SUPPORT

Please follow the thread above, as that is being updated by the developer of the theme. He will best explain the issue

– Kyle

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register