New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Flexform theme child

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    julianprice

I am looking for tying in to function i.e. rewrite custom post type files

S

Hi Ed, here is a partial list of the many customizations I made (and have to re-make) with each update. (I can’t even remember them all…)

1) Spacing between header and call to action block (or whatever element I drop below the header. (I like it to be right up against the top)
    2) Color and size of widget titles
    3) Color and button design of email subscribe in upper nav (include font)
    4) Hover effects for links (removal of underlines, select color of highlights)
    5) Formatting of footer widgets. For some reason the rss for recent posts always ends up with strange formatting
    6) Footer design (background color, line spacing, Header colors, color of text, font and sizes)
    7) Spacing between widgets
    8) Hiding dates, likes or #of comments on masonry view of posts
    9) Formatting of Page titles (like making all uppercase)
    10) Tab spacing and customization (distance between tabs, padding, margins, highlight, font, border…)
    11) Eliminating the hover box on top of images (but keeping the Ken Burns effect on the image)
    12)

These don’t exist in the theme, but I would love to have them:
    1) Include select elements on the blog posts page and on individual blog posts
    2) More attractive (active) social follow buttons built in (without taking people offsite)
    3) A horizontal mailchimp element (like the call to action element in style) – and a more attractive sidebar one, possibly with popup option (eg at end of post)
    4) Larger fontawesome icons instead of the ones with the circles and the ability to highlight a column on floatover (similar to JArvis 1.5 Theme)
    5) Resizeable (mini) versions of the portfolio and ability to drop them in as a one row element on the front page

Finally, the masonry view takes a long time to render (like it’s on delay), even with few posts. The sidebar appears, then you wait until the post summaries show up. Can this be fixed?

Here’s to a good child theme…. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to the next release!

S

Hi Ed, here is a partial list of the many customizations I made (and have to re-make) with each update. (I can’t even remember them all…)

1) Spacing between header and call to action block (or whatever element I drop below the header. (I like it to be right up against the top)
    2) Color and size of widget titles
    3) Color and button design of email subscribe in upper nav (include font)
    4) Hover effects for links (removal of underlines, select color of highlights)
    5) Formatting of footer widgets. For some reason the rss for recent posts always ends up with strange formatting
    6) Footer design (background color, line spacing, Header colors, color of text, font and sizes)
    7) Spacing between widgets
    8) Hiding dates, likes or #of comments on masonry view of posts
    9) Formatting of Page titles (like making all uppercase)
    10) Tab spacing and customization (distance between tabs, padding, margins, highlight, font, border…)
    11) Eliminating the hover box on top of images (but keeping the Ken Burns effect on the image)
    12)

These don’t exist in the theme, but I would love to have them:
    1) Include select elements on the blog posts page and on individual blog posts
    2) More attractive (active) social follow buttons built in (without taking people offsite)
    3) A horizontal mailchimp element (like the call to action element in style) – and a more attractive sidebar one, possibly with popup option (eg at end of post)
    4) Larger fontawesome icons instead of the ones with the circles and the ability to highlight a column on floatover (similar to JArvis 1.5 Theme)
    5) Resizeable (mini) versions of the portfolio and ability to drop them in as a one row element on the front page

Finally, the masonry view takes a long time to render (like it’s on delay), even with few posts. The sidebar appears, then you wait until the post summaries show up. Can this be fixed?

Here’s to a good child theme…. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to the next release!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@foodfan – All of 1-11 could easily be added to the custom css box within theme options, or a child theme css file, and would then stick with theme updates?

Do you see the same masonry issue on the demo site? This is set up to show when the images have loaded. If you could provide a link to your site I’ll happily check it.

– Ed

Works Of Bart Design

Hi Ed, I can’t seem get FlexForm to see my Child Theme. i can make the code changes via FireBug but they don’t show up when I add the style.css, header.php and function.js files to my Child folder. It’s like invisable! Here is what i did –

a) I created a folder called “flexfomchild” no spaces
    b) I added the info below. I included some of the code here for you to see to give the Parallax viewer more padding. It did not effect it.

/*
    Theme Name: Flexform Child Theme
    URI: http://magnoliadds.com/
    Description: Child Theme for Magnolia Family Dentistry
    Template: flexform Version: 1.0
    Author: Bart Price – Works of Bart Design
    Author URI: http://www.worksofbart.com
    */

@import url(”../flexform/style.css”);

—-—- PARALLAX WINDOW – Increased padding top and bottom from 80 to 120 – from style.css line 5582 -—-—-—

.spb_parallax_asset {
    background-attachment: fixed;
    background-position: center center;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-size: cover;
    box-shadow: 0 0 20px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3) inset;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding-bottom: 120px;
    padding-top: 120px; }

c) I also added a header.php file for breadcrumbs using this code from Yoast SEO. I turned on the breadcrumbs in SEO. It did not work. Should this be added to the page.php file?

<?php if ( function_exists(‘yoast_breadcrumb’) ) {
    yoast_breadcrumb(‘<p id=”breadcrumbs”>’,'</p>’);
    } ?>

d) Also for the functions.js file I added this code to I increase the speed of the testimonial slider: slideshowSpeed: 10000,

But nothing is working. I have set up many other Child themes just like this one and they work perfectly. Is this a FlexForm issue. Is it “necessary to edit the parent theme…” as Melanie suggests above?

That would be a major problem for me and a real time consuming task everytime I update the theme. This seems like a no-brainer at this point with WordPress. What’s up?

Bart

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Bart,

Check the download folder from ThemeForest, we include a child theme ready to go – you can just take that and edit it. I’ve attached it here for you also.

Give that a go and let me know how you get on 🙂

– Ed

Works Of Bart Design

Hi Ed,

Oddly, I did use your Pre-set Child theme to build mine. I added it to the post above? I did remove a few items that WordPress says is not needed. It looked like this when I was done. Is this OK? Is anything missing from the Child Theme?

/*
    Theme Name: Flexform Child Theme
    URI: http://magnoliadds.com/
    Description: Child Theme for Magnolia Family Dentistry
    Author: Bart Price – Works of Bart Design
    Author URI: http://www.worksofbart.com
    */

@import url(”../flexform/style.css”);

((( I PLACED CODE HERE, NO DOTTED LINES, NO /* */, JUST THE CODE )))

I created a folder called “flexformchild” and placed the style.css file and and a functions.js file to speed up the testimonial slider inside. I added the folder to my FTP here: web/content/staging/wp-content/themes/. It did not work, in fact after I activated the Child it made my pages go every which way, all the content was messed up!

It appears after reading a few posts here on Swift Ideas that Child themes are having issues on your Flexform theme. I’m running FlexForm 1.5.3 (about to update to 1.6). Could the older theme be the problem? So anyway, I will have to revisit this later when I have more time. I have made the changes manually for now.

And thanks for getting those questions answered on the ThemeForest forum, still need to know about the RED yelp button the code it not working.

Let me know if the Child theme above looks OK to you. – Bart

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi, can you please add a line break between the template name and the version?

You have

try

Template: flexform
    Version: 1.0

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register