New Landing How can we help? Atelier Feature Requests

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    JackV

Lets try to get everyone on the same page in terms of updates that we feel the swift team should address in the next update.

If you would like to vote on features, please reply with the issue Number you feel would help your atelier site as well.

1. 1. Buddypress / BBpress Styling
    2. 2. Caching Support / Configuration file for w3 Total cache
    3. 3. Better CSS/JS Minification
    4. 4. Less inline CSS/Custom CSS should not load in page
    5. 5. Gravatar/User Avatar Support in product reviews
    6. 6. minicart / Cart styling when showing products with variations/product meta
    7. 7. spb-heading (widget titles) should wrap on mobiles – now it gets cut off because of no-wrap
    8. 8. Header bottom border or shadow on mobile
    9. 9. Cart totals (col-sm-3 cart-totals-wrap) Should have sticky behavior like sidebars (for carts with many line items)
    10. 10. Default button styling for 3rd party plugins (right now it just shows as plain text on many 3rd party plugins
    11. 11. Documentation for SPB Sections, Directory, & Rating options
    12. 12. better support for breadcrumbs Yoast SEO/ NavX
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Thanks @JackV

– Kyle

Naturecoaster

#2 would be AWESOME for me, as I am trying to speed up a site and #11 because I don’t even know what a SPB section is.

JackV

Further clarification on the review styling issue (#5 on my list above) attached

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Thanks

JackV

Gents, any idea on when these would be resolved?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @JackV

Thanks for the requests. They are on our list to review with future updates, and we’ll do our best to get to them asap.

Just a few comments:

1) Both are already included in the theme.
    2) Difficult to provide these, given that users often have different plugins included on their site. What might work in one user’s setup, very well may not work for another user.
    3) Can you clarify what you are looking for here? We minify and combine as much as possible on our JS/CSS.
    4) Outputting to the page is the fastest and most compatible method (writing to a file is slower, and also often not possible in some user’s hosting setups).
    12) We have full implementation for these – not sure what you feel is missing?

Thanks,

– Ed

JackV

Ed, Thanks for taking the time to reply

1) yes, but they are not up to date and they are not nice – try it out. http://www.swiftideas.com/forums/topic/when-can-we-expect-better-forums-styling/#post-229076

2) I know, but there are some default settings which can work for most – I’ll try to make one for the community

3) I’ll have to do some more research as I am not a serious coder.

4) Ok, Your the pro!

5) Can we please please get this so I don’t have to pay a 3rd party developer?

6) Any plans to address this?

7) This is such an easy one to fix – (there are a bunch of other mobile issues similar to this)

12) Disregard this.

Are you guys planning on fixing up the theme? I can create a screengrab video and narrate all the issues if you’d like

I have attached screenshots of other mobile issues
    (QTY box does not always align with add to cart button, product tabs are not mobile friendly, blog short-codes are not mobile friendly, promo bar and other large text should have responsive option, reviews have too much margin + no avatar)

Attachments:
    JackV

Additional Screenshots

Attachments:
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

1) Will check that – likely they have adjusted something since we styled that css (nearly 2 years ago now).

5) Yes, it’s on the list.

6) On the list too.

7) Yes agreed – fixed for the next update.

8) Header does have a border on mobile?

9) Considering this.

10) Considering this.

11) On the list

The quantity box on mobile is set above the add to cart button, as there isn’t enough space for both on one line when we have to consider that some translations of “add to cart” may be longer than standard. Can you provide the link where the wishlist button doesn’t have spacing – will check that.

Thanks,

– Ed

tonn

Happy New Year all!

Just to add to JackV’s list:

– Alignment of cart items. I think this area would look better if all items were vertically aligned and had equal top and bottom padding.

For the mobile qty issue it might be better to have each area full width, and for the qty amount to have a drop down selection.

Thanks

Attachments:
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Happy New Year @tonn.

Thanks for the screenshots – agreed on the mobile display, will sort that. Will see what we can do about the cart vertical alignment too.

– Ed

tonn

Thanks Ed. I’ve also found another disparity:

– Desktop cart on hover inherits values from admin>font options> menu font e.g If menu is set to uppercase the items shown on cart hover have uppercase font. On smaller screen size, the slideout cart inherits the ‘body font’ rule.

I think it would be better having both menu types use the body font rules rather than Menu font rules.

Many thanks

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Yes thanks for pointing that out, I will pass on to Ed

– Kyle

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Agreed – changed for today’s update. Thanks.

– Ed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.