New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Documentation

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Regarding the Mega menu and Ubermenu will have to forward to our head developer.

Regarding the header check in this file
    cardinal\swift-framework\core\sf-header.php

-Rui

graf007
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Unfortunately it’s not possible to use the UberMenu for mobile – we have a separate header now for the mobile header, in order to provide as much functionality as possible. You can override the functions found in sf-header.php, by copying those to the child theme functions.php file.

– Ed

graf007

So the sf-header.php, by copying those to the child theme functions.php file it will over ride the functions in sf-header.php?

Also – please look at this post, as I have finally gotten in touch with the developer:

List of all the programatic hooks available for the Cardinal Theme

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

You’ll need to copy the functions themselves individually – copying the file itself to the child theme won’t override.

I’ll check that topic shortly.

– Ed

graf007

“You’ll need to copy the functions themselves individually – copying the file itself to the child theme won’t override.”

Will the functions override the functions in the parent theme once copied over? If not then updating will be a mess.

Also, I notice all sorts of custom posts errors being thrown when I tried to change the theme back to flexform. Why would it do that???

This theme is starting to get me worried as a developer.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Yes – of course they will override, else we wouldn’t suggest that as a solution.

What errors are you getting?

You have nothing to worry about regarding the theme’s development – this is what we do.

– Ed

graf007
    graf007
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

What version of the swift framework plugin are you using? It’s not technically supported with the Flexform plugin, so make sure you have the latest plugin update, and if still having issues then best to disable the plugin without Cardinal active.

There aren’t any header hooks, but we are planning on looking into adding some soon.

– Ed

graf007
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @graf007

I’ll look into that issue.

While there aren’t hooks – you can easily override one of the display functions to add that in. Maybe the sf_header_wrap() function?

– Ed

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Just added these for the next update for you: https://www.dropbox.com/s/obsrekxgp1kxpqn/Screenshot%202015-05-20%2023.38.36.png?dl=0

Hope that helps.

– Ed

graf007
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Yes – update for the theme. Can happily send over the latest build with this included if you’d like it now though.

– Ed

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register