New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Uplift Directory Issues Continue to Frustrate

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Posted in: Uplift
    Ian

I was having pin link issues but fixed them with the code given here:

Suggestion – Remove target="_blank" From Map Pin + Directory Image Links

Excerpt gets used for directory listing but shortcodes for page builder still showing up in pin pop-ups

I would suggest adding permalink to “Directory title”

I do not complain often but the directory has been a constant source of issues for quite some time across all the themes of yours I have tried.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

In are in total right to demonstrate the insatisfaction.

The problems are the same among all themes because the major part of the code that makes the directory work is inside the Swift Framework.

The shortcodes don’t work inside the modal popup at the moment.
    I can forward your suggestion to the dev team so it can be improved.

-Rui

Ian

Rui,

The modal pop-up should be using the custom excerpt or better yet another custom field that could be made even shorter. I have been forced to include:

.pinmarker-container .excerpt{
    display: none;
    }

in all of my projects, because the pop-up is full of shortcodes.

I am hoping that this could be made a priority to fix as I use this in a large number of websites that I would prefer not to have to integrate a third party plugin.

-Ian

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

I see, the field is already there but it is affecting the list results. Maybe we can have an option that says “Use to content excerpt in pin modal content”

Well it’s forward to Ed, let’s wait for the reply.

-Rui

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi @Ian,

About this situation, using the custom excerpt field content(if it exists) in the pin modal would be an acceptable solution for the issue?

-Rui

Ian

Rui,

Using the excerpt field would be a workable but not ideal solution for the issue. It would force shorter excerpt fields to be written.

• 100 words is not to long for the excerpt when it appears to the right of the location photo
    • In the pin modal 30 words would probably be the maximum you would want to use.
    • Also in future most times just including the address in the pin modal would be what many people would be looking to include

-Ian

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback. Will discuss this with Ed.

-Rui

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.