New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Uplift Suggestion – Remove target="_blank" From Map Pin + Directory Image Links

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Posted in: Uplift
    alexwright

Hi-

Just set up a Directory and a map using your awesome Directory Map. Great work on that feature.

The link for the $pin_link variable opens in a new tab / window in two places in that feature – from the tooltip that pops up from the map pin itself and also in the text at the bottom of the excerpt. You can see that here : http://uplift.swiftideas.com/elements/google-maps-directory/ under the Directory Map.

It doesn’t make a lot of sense to me to have those open in a new tab when the links are internal to the same website. Just a personal opinion that others perhaps may agree with.

The two places I saw this function called out are uplift > swift-framework > core > sf-directory.php roughly on line 428 and uplift > js > functions.js roughly on line 5862.

I made those edits but they’ll get overwritten by theme updates until I can figure out a filter to change that function.

Anywhoo, just a suggestion. Take it or leave it.

Thanks!

-Alex

alexwright

Title says “Directory Image Links” but should say “Directory Excerpt Links.”

Thanks.

-Alex

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Definitely it’s not making sense.

You can copy the entire function to the functions.php of your child theme. This way you wont have any problems with the updates.

Grab here the entire function with the modified target from _blank to _self

http://pastie.org/10988008

Will forward this to the dev team.

-Rui

alexwright

That’ awesome, thanks. I also changed the link for the thumbnail image next to the excerpt to go to $pin_link rather than the permalink for the $post->ID in order to keep the links consistent.

I appreciate you sending this!

-Alex

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

No problem. Glad I could help.

-Rui

alexwright

I know it’s been a while, but I’m curious if your dev team made progress on not linking to a new tab from links in the pop-up over map pins in the directory. It looks like you did remove the target=”_blank” from the directory excerpt links and image, which is awesome! But the link in the pop-up over the map pin still opens in an external tab 🙁

It used to be around here (my notes are a version or two back) : uplift > js > functions.js roughly on line 5862.

Thanks!

-Alex

David Martin – Support

Hi Alex,

I’ll check this with Rui now.

@Rui – maybe a new option to enable/disable the _blank links could be considered?

Cheers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.