New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Dante post padding missing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    WEswift

Team – At some point, the standard post template began missing padding between the edge of the page and the content. See attached dantePost.png. I’ve noticed in the code for a page (which retains the necessary padding) that there is a .container inside of the #page-wrap. See attached dantePage.png. This is missing in posts. Was there another method by which posts were supposed to create content padding? Do I need to create a custom post template that has a .container? Thoughts? Thanks in advance! -Paul

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please use this custom css code:-

.single-post .body-text {
        padding: 0px 50px !important;
        text-align: justify;
    }

Thanks
    Mohammad

WEswift

Mohammad – That css doesn’t really fix the issue. The sidebar is also not padding correctly. I of course can also add:

.single-post .sidebar-widget-wrap
    {
    padding-right: 50px;
    }

But again, this wasn’t necessary before. So what changed with Dante that this is now an issue? Did the .container elements get removed?

-Paul

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Are you using cache plugin and child theme?
    Thanks
    Mohammad

WEswift

Mohammad – We are not using a cache plugin but we are using a child theme. -Paul

David Martin – Support

Hi Paul,

Can you disable the child theme and re-test. It’s possible if you have added custom CSS it is causing this.

– What theme version do you have?

Thanks,
    David.

WEswift

David – We are using Dante version 3.2.4. As an example, please see the following post: http://bit.ly/1UL3oeW

As far as I can tell, there isn’t custom css or child theme css affecting this layout aspect of the post. Which you can verify using Firefox Web Developer Tools. Nor does the child theme have a custom post template. The child theme does use a custom page template which contains .container elements – but this page was patterned after the default page template from the theme. So my assumption was that the original Dante page template had those same .container elements. The default Dante page template no longer seems to have .container elements however. So it’s possible my assumption is incorrect. The css that controls the .container elements are in Dante’s Bootstrap, as .container is a default Bootstrap element for page layout.

As for the post, I’ve noticed that .inner-page-wrap also has a .row class which has the following css:

.row {
        margin-right: -15px;
        margin-left: -15px;
    }

This brings the content of the .row directly to the left and right edges of the content area. As it’s not being counteracted by its parent container #page-wrap – which has no left and right margins. Indeed this is the case for posts as well. The primary difference being the .container elements which are a child of #page-wrap but a parent of .row. Like such:

<div id="page-wrap">
    <div class="container">
    	<div class="row">

The .container sets widths, padding, and margins via Bootstrap:

.container {
        max-width: 100%;
    }
    .container {
        width: 1170px;
    }
    .container {
        padding-right: 15px;
        padding-left: 15px;
        margin-right: auto;
        margin-left: auto;
    }

I guess my question ultimately is this – did the Dante theme ever utilize .container elements for post templates? If not, I’ll add them to a custom post template in the child theme. It seems like Dante would have utilized .container elements for this type of layout. Viewing the default dante header.php file shows several uses of .container. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

-Paul

WEswift

Team – it’s been a couple of days. I note that the example Dante standard post type here: http://dante.swiftideas.net/2013/11/09/standard-post/ DOES have .container elements. One prior to the row containing the .heading-text > h1, and another .container containing .inner-page-wrap – which contains the main page content. Is this a specific post format type? Are there some other post or theme settings I should be using? Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
    -Paul

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Apologies for the delay – but as per our support policy, please refrain from adding a new post as this will only take your topic back in the queue and thus take us longer to respond.

I’ll get this fixed in the upcoming update, looks like there is a container missing around the page wrap. If you need this update sooner I can send over the zip.

– Ed

WEswift

Ed – thanks so much for the response and the posting tips. I had been testing a few theories and wanted to update the thread with the results. Perhaps next time I’ll edit my last post. Please send me the update. Thanks again! -Paul

David Martin – Support

I’m just checking the availability of this now.

Thanks.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @WEswift

Done some testing locally but can’t replicate this. Do you have any files in your child theme?

Could you provide a login for me to check the backend?

– Ed

WEswift
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Would it be possible to give that user admin privileges please? Need it to be able to check the templates/make changes to test. That or FTP access to just the themes folder.

– Ed

WEswift
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.