New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Create Full Width Template Pages

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    Criactivos

Hi,

The new version of Dante removed all the full width characteristics of my template pages .I’ve used the page.php as a blank page and created a new layout from there, like page-full-width.php (for example). Now it seems that I can’t control the layout width from my templates. I’ve noticed that the class “container” is now inside of “sf-page-heading.php”.

I need to make template pages with the layout I want, like the old version let me.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @Criactivos

If you have overriden template files, then you may need to update them to match the new structure. It is still possible to have full width pages without special templates, you just need the page builder to be active when you save the page.

There is still the same level of customisation – just make sure you are customising from the latest versions of the template files.

– Ed

Criactivos

Just gonna make a correction. Where I said that “I’ve noticed that the class “container” is now inside of “sf-page-heading.php””, I’ve took a better look and I saw that “container” is for the page-heading itself.

Still need to create a template page without the 117px.

Criactivos

Hi,

I don’t want to use the page builder and I’m using the new structure. That’s the problem. In the new version, the page.php don’t have the code needed to customize the width. After the “get header” and the “sf_dante_options”, it just shows the div for the “inner-page-wrap”. In the older version it had the div for the container.

Now where’s the “container” in the page.php ?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

There isn’t one – it’s outside. We are prepping the next update, and will be providing a full width template with the main theme.

– Ed

Criactivos

Thanks.I’ll be waiting for it.

I’ve also another question regarding this topic. Right before the update I was creating a template page where a full width filter area was on top of the heading on the category page. With the update, the category.php doesn’t have the heading code or the layout to make the filter area full width again or to be positioned on top of the heading. So I lost a great deal of control. For the new version, is there any way that I can create this page ?

Criactivos

Just updated and tryed out the new full width templates. The version “Full Width Page” doesn’t work but the Full Width Page (Alt) does.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@Criactivos – have you overriden the header.php file in your child theme?

– Ed

Criactivos

Hi Ed,

I forgot completely that part , sorry . It now works perfectly .

As far my question from “JULY 28, 2015 AT 9:22 AM #198459” is there any update ?

Cheers.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Yes – you can still do that, just edit the header.php file, you can use this conditional to check if it’s a category page: https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/is_category

– Ed

Criactivos

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the info.
    I’ll give it a try, since I’m not a programmer/developer.

Cheers.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Let us know your feedback.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

Criactivos

Hi,

My apologies for not given feedback for a while. I’ve been moved to another project and I’m still there.
    Since this is now more a problem of developing (or knowledge to develop the solution) than a theme problem, I believe that this issue is resolved.

I really appreciate your time and the solution provided to make a full width page.

Best regards.

David Martin – Support

Great to hear, thanks Ed!

– David.

abeldb

Hello!!

In my pages, with template: “Default Template”
    when I edit with Shift Page Builder, turns full screen; it’s ok, all right.
    But if I edit with Classic Editor (Text or TinyMCE),
    then appears new div class “container” that show lateral paddings.
    What’s the matter?

They should be full screen pages,
    independently of the editor that I use, isn’t it?

How can repair this issue?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register