New Landing How can we help? General Feedback & Suggestions Clickable portfolio thumb sliders + portfolio item page slider

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
    lobsterass

Hi great Neighborhood developers!

I would love for the portfolio slider thumbs to be clickable – just like the portfolio image thumbs. My users don’t always understand that they have to click on the item headline in order to get to the item page. They think my porfolio on: http://monroedesign.se/ just consists of small thumb images.

Also, on an individual portfolio item page, the slider nav arrows should be clickable. As they are clickable on rev sliders, the user expects to be able to navigate through regular sliders as well.

Thanx for a great theme!

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi,

this sure is possible, but I’m afraid it’s not built into the theme and would have to be modified especially for you. We’d love to help you with this customization but we are only able to provide support for basic theme issues and bug fixes. We do provide support for small customizations but unfortunately this request is beyond that. Please see our general policy and guidelines for more info. You could also hire a developer to help you with your customizations.

Thank you for understanding!
    Cheers!

lobsterass

Yeah, I understand that. πŸ™‚

I’m just thinking this is a very important and intuitive feature request. The user actually has problems understanding that all portfolio items are clickable. It would be nice if you guys consider it for the next update.

Cheers!

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Thanks for your suggestion .
    Thanks πŸ™‚
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

lobsterass

Hey again,

I haven’t given up on this issue with the non-clickable portfolio thumb-sliders. Also, the fact that there are non-clickable nav arrows on the flex-active-slide on the actual portfolio item page really bothers me (and my test users) too. This issue, I can solve by redoing them all to rev sliders, so no biggie. I want to point out though, that the same issue is bothersome on the product page http://monroedesign.se/produkt/testprodukt-1/. There, I can’t change the product slider to a rev slider, right?

But the fact that the portfolio thumb-sliders are non-clickable is so bad that I have to find a solution (and I don’t want to make them an image). The zooming in slider-thumbs in the portfolio is the main reason I bought this theme. It makes my whole site unintuitive and it looks unprofessional and confusing.

I did some research and it looks to me like it is FLEXSLIDERS you guys bought from WooThemes, or am I wrong? If it is, they have support over there, only I can’t access it myself, as I’m not a customer of theirs. Maybe you can?

QUESTIONS
    1. Are you planning on fixing the thumb-sliders for the next update?
    2. If not, could you please tell me what words I need to Google on this matter? Is it just FLEXSLIDER? Somebody gotta fix this.

Cheers!

A

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @lobsterass,

Consider it done with the next update πŸ™‚

EDIT: Just checked, as I thought I added this, and I did. This was added in v1.66

– Ed

lobsterass

Hi Ed!

Sounds fabulous with the coming up slider-thumbs update! Thank you so much for listening to my concerns. I know I’m detail oriented and stubborn as f##k. It’s a good quality to have when learning stuff but painful for everyone else around – like you. πŸ˜‰

I just updated from 1.68 to 1.70 now and I can’t see the difference that you are talking about. Which problem do you mean was fixed? On product pages, I still can’t opt for a rev slider instead of the current slider with the non-clickable nav arrows.

I also still have issues with the product image resolution and squishing of pop-up product image. I’ll handle that in another thread though.

Am I missing something?

<3

EDIT: Sorry. The attached image is for this thread.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

What I was referring to was the portfolio thumb sliders being clickable, and I thought this thread was only for that issue?

Will check out your other topic too.

– Ed

lobsterass

Hi Ed!

Portfolio thumb sliders it was. COOL! GREAT!

The other issue is half way solved in this thread.

<3

lobsterass

Hey guys!

I don’t wanna be a nag but since you wrote that:

1) the portfolio thumb sliders should now be clickable (just like portfolio thumb images are)

2) and that the standard slider on individual portfolio item pages should have clickable nav arrows (so that one can flip back and forth between the slides)

I’m wondering if I missed something or if you simply haven’t had the time to do this in the last updates? I don’t see anything written about it on the update specification @Theme Forrest. Again, I don’t mean to be rude. I just REALLY think these are two important improvements of Neighborhood. Several of my test-users tell me that it’s confusing for them that some portfolio thumbs are clickable while others aren’t.

Keep up the greaqt work.

I love this theme and my site is starting to look really good.

<3

A

Kyle – SUPPORT
    This reply has been marked as private.
    lobsterass

Oh! That’s so sweet! I’m going away on vaccation for a coulpe of weeks. I don’t dare to install it right now because I gotta make it on time to a train. But I’ll do this right away when I return home.

Take care and enjoy some time off your most frequent support user. πŸ˜‰

<3

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Have a great trip! πŸ™‚

– Ed

lobsterass

Hola!

I’m back! I tried to install the theme update Kyle sent me. The problem is that I get an error message saying that I already have the 1.8 version installed. How do I make a parallel installation?

I have quite a few of customizations to redo every time I update, so it would be awesome to know which files are updated?

By the way, the trip was awesome! Amsterdam was my personal favorite of Copenhagen-Berlin-Barcelona-Paris-Amsterdam. Super friendly and open-minded people there.

<3

Kyle – SUPPORT

Great! Glad you had a good time. You will need to delete the old theme and update with the new build, or you can use FTP to replace the files

– Kyle

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register