New Landing How can we help? Atelier Cannot vertically align elements within a row and horizontal scroll

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    aimeandalex

I was instructed from another thread to create my own.

I have a few websites running Atelier & Cardinal, and at some point during the last flurry of updates I’ve had real issues getting content within a row to align centrally. This happens regardless of whether or not I use ‘column’ elements.

It some areas it’s ok, e.g. text next to text or image, but I can’t get text next to icon box, gallery or multilayer parallax to work. This is pages, posts and portfolio content.

For example, this portfolio item: http://studiocotton.co.uk/?portfolio=escape-hairdressing-bristol (rows starting with ‘a bold palette’ and ‘we created a striking…’

I also have a small horizontal scroll (maybe 20-30px) on all of the portfolio posts, but not on the pages.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thanks @aimeandalex – apologies for the delay, was waiting for a link in the other topic so that I could get straight onto this. Looking into it shortly, and will be in touch.

– Ed

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @aimeandalex

The setting you want is this:

Check the screenshotted row, it now looks like this:

– Ed

aimeandalex

Hi Ed, what is the difference between ‘row column position’ and ‘column content position’? The help descriptions on the hover over suggest that ‘column content position’ should have done the job.

On every other row the second setting has worked fine, the reason I wasn’t using ‘row column position’ was because it totally screwed up a number of rows on another site.

Have you looked at the horizontal scroll?

aimeandalex

I’ve just tested this on some new rows and still getting the same issue, either they won’t align at all or I’m getting bizarre padding.

On the homepage for example:
    The row with the multilayer parallax has the two elements aligned at the top
    The first row with the portfolio example has the correct padding when set to default, but adds about 300px at the bottom when set to centre. This disappears if I resize my browser window.

Attachments:
    David Martin – Support

The above login details are not working, can you add those so we can take a closer look?

Thanks.

David Martin – Support

Is this still an issue? Using the login details from your other ticket I see this:

aimeandalex

I had to change the password as I forgot it for another ticket:

ezC&K*iXiHz5igwzp2Wk$*2(

I’m still getting the same errors as my original screen shots (chrome/mac). The second screenshot isn’t properly aligned, the top of the elements are level – not the middle.

David Martin – Support

Can you clear your browser cache? I see this:

If I am missing something obvious please let me know. It seems vertically aligned currently + no extra scroll issues as initially reported.

Thanks.

aimeandalex

Hi David, nothing has changed, I still see the exact same thing in the screenshots supplied (see reply: OCTOBER 28, 2016 AT 11:07 AM)

David Martin – Support

You are referring to this?

Please clear your browser cache, I do not see that any longer.

http://www.swiftideas.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Screen-Shot-2016-10-27-at-11.05.01.png

aimeandalex

I’m not referring that, it’s the homepage (that portfolio seems to be ok now). I’ve annotated the screenshots and attached.

Attachments:
    David Martin – Support

1) This seems aligned, the parallax images move around which does change their position though?

2&3) Should be resolved, equal heights was set, but not needed.

aimeandalex

Thanks for fixing the second one. The first one, the text block on the left is perfect but the parallax definitely isn’t in the middle of the row.The image of the glasses never floats more than 185px below the previous row, whereas the bottom of the lowest image in the parallax is only 120px from the following row.

David Martin – Support

Here is what I see, nothing really seems out of place. I am sure I am missing what you’re describing though so appologies.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register