New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Blog Post Sidebar – stick on the bottom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
    guentherportfolio

Hi,

I have the problem, that the sidebar of blogposts, which were build up with Swift Page Builder, will stick on the bottom of the page, unfortunately. If I build up the page with the regular editor, everything is fine – but I do need the flexibility of the Swift Page Builder 🙂

I already searched for similar problems here on the forum, but found only to remove and add the Widget elements, which doesn’t work. I also cleared the cache. Nothing changed… Do you have any ideas what I could do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Warm regards
    Martin

David Martin – Support

Hi,

I am not sure I understand your issue correctly. Please add a URL and screenshots to help describe this further.

Cheers,
    David.

guentherportfolio
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

I have setup a test page with no content and the sidebar works perfectly: https://nicebeardgraphics.com/test/

This indicates within your page content you likely have a missing closing div or element. If you backup your page contents first, then remove each section, one by one each time saving and re-test which one is causing this.

Thanks.

guentherportfolio

Hi David,

This wasn’t the kind of support I was looking for.

First of all, it is really annoying that you have create a test post and make it public, that’s not professional. Especially if my last post here on the form was my express request, that you make everything private.

Further if I could solve the issue by myself, through some “step by step” deletes, it wouldn’t be my intention to open a support ticket here on the forum. As I said before, the problem is appearing after adding some images through the Swift Page Builder. I only used the Page Builder for creating the post on my website. After adding images, the sidebar was broken. Therefore, I do not know how I could add any div tags or so, which would destroy the sidebar or the theme layout. I only used the options which the Page Builder is offering me.

I do absolutely understand that you have a bulk of request’s to manage, but I would be really happy, if you would take this serious and do not publish test post’s on a web-shop which is live already.

Sorry for these unusual lines, but this wasn’t the first time that I received this kind of support.

Thank you
    Martin

David Martin – Support
    This reply has been marked as private.
    guentherportfolio

Hi David,

Thanks for your help. I understand what you mean. I will try this and I guess it will solve my problem.

But what I am actually trying to say is, that the error is appearing when I created the page with Swift Page Builder. May be I am choosing some wrong options, but actually I am adding only some images and text boxes and fill it with some content. It is just a note – perhaps there is a kind of a bug?

By the way…the example what you have posted is created with the regular WordPress editor – no Swift Page Builder. But I do like the flexibility of the Page Builder, therefore I would like to have it working properly.

Thanks
    Martin

David Martin – Support

Hi Martin,

The login details no longer work for me, if still have the post available let me know the draft URL and I will take a look into the HTML generated.

Thanks,
    David.

guentherportfolio

Hi there,

the login shall work?! Nothing changed here…

Best
    Martin

David Martin – Support

Hi,

1) Can you update the parent theme: Link removed.

2) Disable the child theme whilst I look into this more?

Thanks.

guentherportfolio

Hi David,

I have updated the theme and set it in maintenance mode. You can now take a look. Please let me know, when you are finished.

guentherportfolio

Hi David,

I have solved the issue so far. But the solution is more temporary then it solved it completely. I have moved the images within the Swift Page Builder from right to left and moved the text boxes from left to right. Now it is working, but actually it is a strange error.

In detail, I have a 3 row column and the text size is 2/3. The 1/3 is filled with an image. As I said before, if I now move the text from i.e. left to right, the Sidebar is where it should appear. In my opinion this must be a kind of a bug. I would appreciate it, if you could take a closer look on this problem. If you want to check my site, please make it with caution. The site is now live again and every change is visible in the frontend. Thanks so far.

Best
    Martin

David Martin – Support

Hi Martin,

Which page or post are you testing this, can you link me to it?

– David.

guentherportfolio

Hi David,

you can take a closer look, if you use the login which I already sent to you. There are only 2 posts. One of them is build with Swift Page Builder while the other one is build with the regular WordPress editor. I have test it with the Page Buildr post.Thanks in advance.

Warm regards
    Martin

David Martin – Support

Hi,

Both posts now have the sidebar correctly positioned:

[Edit: images/links removed on request 19/07/2016]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.