New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Pinpoint Active theme is broken. Reverting to Default

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Posted in: Pinpoint
    select_marketing

Please assist. We updated our company site to the newest update of the Pinpoint theme yesterday after having issues with the Swift visual editor not working. After the update, the issues were fixed, however it broke the site.

What is happening appears to be that whenever someone activates the pinpoint theme in one browser, it won’t display in another.. It will just appear as a blank page. Then when you go into the dashboard themes menu, it will say “Active theme is broken. Reverting to default theme”. You can repeat the process in any browser and it will mess it up in another. And the custom CSS is missing from the theme as well (the navigation had some color and styling and it is gone after we updated the theme).

This is our company site and we are basically down right now so if you could contact asap it will be greatly appreciated.

Contact me and I will give you the admin creds if needed.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Will need your site url, admin credentials and probably Ftp access just in case it goes all white.

Thanks

-Rui

select_marketing
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    It seems memory issue. Methods for increasing the amount of memory a PHP script may consume

1. If you have access to your install and are running a version of WordPress earlier than

3.0, try the plugin
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/memory-bump/ as this is the easiest way to increase

your RAM for WordPress.

2. If you have access to your PHP.ini file, change the line in PHP.ini
    If your line shows 32M try 64M. If your line shows 64M try 128M
    memory_limit = 64M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (32MB)

3. If you don’t have access to PHP.ini try adding this to an .htaccess file:
    php_value memory_limit 64M

4. Try adding this line to your wp-config.php file:
    Increasing memory allocated to PHP
    define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ’64M’);

5. Talk to your host.

Thanks
    Mohammad

select_marketing

I tried increasing the memory but this had no effect. There was no issue until the theme was updated recently.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @select_marketing

Can you please enable WP_DEBUG in wp-config.php so that we can see if an error message shows – this will give a better indication of the issue.

There are no issues with the theme itself as far as we are aware, we have it running here with no issues at all.

– Ed

select_marketing

Debug is now enabled.

select_marketing

it was showing debug in IE but not in Chome??

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Was checking this when suddenly started working. Guess you did something.
    Can you confirm that it’s ok?

-Rui

select_marketing

Sorry I turned debug off for a second because someone thought the site was working again. It should be back on. Check away, thanks.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please provide me FTP login detail to check and resolve the issue.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

select_marketing

The site is on AWS. Our network engineer says there is no FTP. There may be another way to get in, I’m checking with him. Thanks for your patience.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

No FTP. Very strange that hosting.
    try to get us access to a file manager online. Does it have CPanel or Parallels?

-Rui

select_marketing

He suggested coordinating for window to take a look. This will have to be postponed till next week, sorry. I’ll keep you updated.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Ok let us know. In the meantime it’s better to think about a different hosting.
    -Rui

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register