New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform your comment is awaiting moderation message not apearing

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    Bitedge

When a user comments they should see a message saying

“Thank you, your comment is awaiting moderation”

But instead the page just loads at the top of the page. How can we fix that?

Thanks

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

But it was working like that before? Or does it work like that in Twenty 15?
    Do you have an example?

Thanks

-Rui

Bitedge

Yes it used to make a message like that. I think that is standard with the theme or with WP comments.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

can you try to disable all plugins clear the cache and try again?
    Guess you didn’t changed any settings in the discussion settings?

-Rui

Bitedge

It is the same after disabling comments and clearing cache, I did not make any changes in the discussion settings.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Sounds like this may be an issue with your setup – potentially a plugin. Just checked locally with the latest version and the message displays fine: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dngxklaj0vascgt/Screenshot%202015-07-13%2018.00.30.png?dl=0

– Ed

Bitedge

Sorry in my previous reply I meant to say “after disabling plugins” not “after disabling comments

Yes it is an issue with my setup, what is the issue and how can we fix it?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Check here – https://codex.wordpress.org/Comment_Moderation

Maybe you have moderation disabled?

– Ed

Bitedge

Hi Ed, comment moderation is on and working. I do have a good clue though. The “your comment is awaiting moderation” message apears coectly if they user enters an email address but not if they dont.

These is still a bug we need to fix because email is NOT required to comment on the site.Could this be a JS error?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Email is a required field in the default comment form – so they can’t post a comment without providing it?

Have you checked the default Twenty 15 theme to see what happens in the same situation?

– Ed

Bitedge

Yes users can post a comment without providing their email and it goes to moderation as normal. The bug is that the “Your comment is awaiting moderation” message does not show.

It seems the same regardless of theme or plugins.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Just tested here and by default I can’t log a comment without an email address.. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ixu0ql0prhylwrl/Screenshot%202015-07-22%2013.38.18.png?dl=0

You say “It seems the same regardless of theme or plugins.” – that suggests that the issue isn’t with the theme, but your WordPress setup.

– Ed

Bitedge

That screenshot is not from my website (is it?) so I can’t imagine what relevance it has, some sites require emails to comment, so what?

What is the issue with my wordpress setup and how do I fix it?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Sorry for the confusion – just remembered you can disable this in the WordPress settings.

So the fact here is that the comment moderation message doesn’t show unless the user has an account and is logged in – there is absolutely no issue with the theme here, this is just how WordPress works.

– Ed

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.