New Landing How can we help? Atelier Yoast SEO incorrectly analyzing Swift Framework content

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    eternalbeta

Hey guys —

Not sure if this is a issue on your end or on Yoast’s end, but I just updated to the newest version of both, and now it seems Yoast is incorrectly analyzing Swift Framework shortcodes as actual text (see attached, excuse the URL censoring). The snippet is auto-populating with shortcode and both the body copy word count and readability test are including the shortcodes as well (I can assure you, there is definitely not 473 words on that page).

Like I said, I’m not sure whose end this may be on, but figured I would start here because you guys have always been good to me.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

I’ll report this back to the lead dev’ for investigation.

Can you also add your WP login details incase we need that?

Thanks,
    David.

eternalbeta
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

Just ran this past the lead dev’ and this is normal behaviour for YOAST, you would need to manually add the correct description for the meta info.

Ideally YOAST would filter out the shortcode content, could you also log a ticket with them?

Thanks,
    David

eternalbeta

Thanks David. After I submitted the ticket, Yoast seemed to release 2 hotfixes in quick succession that fixed some of the issue (word count on the page I showed went from 473 to 303). I scanned their Github and found that it seems one of their own devs discovered the issue and has it pegged for resolution in the next major patch (3.1) and not something of immediate concern. This isn’t just affecting your framework either, but anything that uses shortcodes.

Seems to me like something they would want to fix immediately, but the issue was found 2 weeks ago and they have no target date for the release of 3.1.

Thanks for your help as always.

David Martin – Support

Great to hear it’s on their radar, they are pretty pro-active so I would safely assume they will look into it properly.

Thanks,
    David.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.