New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Wrong encoding for the Swedish letters, shows strange symbols instead

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    azura_eyes

Hi,

I got strange symbols instead of the Swedish letters like ö, å, ä on the Neighborhood (v1.65). See the attached file.
    I thought it was the encoding thing, but everything works well otherwise. Like the page names containing Å letters. Only the stings from the sv_SE.po file I added with the translated strings get this strange coding.

Just for the info, this is what is set in the wp-config file:
    define(‘DB_CHARSET’, ‘utf8’);
    define(‘WPLANG’, ‘sv_SE’);

PLEASE help me! Need to get this work asap. Thanks!

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    While translating the theme, make sure to work in UTF-8 in POEdit. And try this
    1) Open wp-config.php;
    define(‘DB_COLLATE’, ”);

With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

azura_eyes

Thanks Mohammad,

I used the default settings in POEdit and they where NOT UTF-8 so now I create a project in POEdit and specific set the UTF-8 on coding the po-file is correct and the Swedish letters are shown correctly 🙂

And btw the “define(‘DB_COLLATE’, ”);” is always in the wp-config.php by default so it was as well in my file.

In this case it was the non set coding in OPEdit since its not set by default. Good to know for all those who works on the translations in POEdit 🙂

Mohammad – SUPPORT

HI,
    You most welcome , Do you need any help now ?

With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

azura_eyes

No I don’t, as I said when I set up a project in POEdit and set specifically the UTF-8 in it the Swedish letters are now shown correctly in the theme. So you can close this ticket/issue.
    Thanks! 🙂 Have a great day!

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    I close the ticket
    Cheers!
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register