New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Pinpoint wpml translator and untranslated blog posts

• This topic has 13 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 years by n8-b.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Posted in: Pinpoint
    lukozade

Hi There,

I have the WPLM translator installed using the Pinpoint theme which seems to be working well, but I’d like to display the English posts in all the languages without translating them. This should be possible according to their documentation and I’ve checked the appropriate box on the WPML settings page, but the posts won’t load.

Can you help? I really want to avoid having to translate every blog post!

Thanks,
    Luke

lukozade

Some additional information…

I’ve translated a couple of the blog posts, but even then none of the them are recognised once the site switches to Chinese mode – including the translated posts.

I notice that the categories get lost in the translation, so will need to be translated if I go down the route of translating all the posts. Perhaps this has something to do with the problem?

As I say, I’m hoping I can just display the un-translated English posts in all language modes without having to create translations.

Help!

Thanks,
    Luke

lukozade

I’ve now made the site live… this is the only serious issue I need to resolve – some help would be hugely appreciated as I’m at a complete loss as to how to solve it.

http://www.kubeenglish.com/

You can view it there. You’ll see if you translate into Chinese all blog posts completely vanish.

Help!

lukozade

Some further investigation has got me a little closer to solving the problem, but there seems to be a fundamental issue with WPML and how it deals with posts.

Now I have correctly identified my main blog page in >settings >reading that page now displays the English posts within the Chinese translated site – perfect.

But blog posts will only display within this one designated page.

So the blog elements on other parts of the site and any other pages which call different categories of blog (as I have set up) will not show posts – translated or otherwise.

Is there some kind of fix anyone can suggest to get around this?

It really isn’t working for our site as it stands.

Help!!

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

WPML functionality and issues are not something our theme support can cover – I suggest checking with the WPML support.

The only thing I can think of is that you’re building posts with our Page Builder and the plugin might not be able to translate the post content, as it is inside a shortcode.

Regards,

————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

lukozade

Hi Cosmin,

Thanks for the response – I’m also putting the question to WPML on their forums and I’m still waiting for an answer from those guys. Fingers crossed!

Considering the weight of support & recommendation you guys have given to WPML as the tool to use in collaboration with Pinpoint (“Pinpoint is 100% translation and multi-lingual ready” is what it says in my theme’s back-end), it’s pretty disappointing to learn that actually ‘Pinpoint is 100% translation and multi-lingual ready as long as you don’t want to use any of the blog functions we’ve created‘.

Surely this is a fairly big flaw in the relationship between the two platforms which should maybe be documented earlier on?

What you’ve created is great and it’s been a revelation for me to work with. But for me, the two big selling points were – it’s ease of use (my coding knowledge is fairly limited at the moment) and the fact it was already integrated with a robust translation tool. So finding out that the Swift Page Builder doesn’t really work with WPML for blog posts is hugely disappointing – particularly at this stage of the sites development.

I appreciate this is still a WordPress theme and not a bespoke build and that in the end there’s only so much that is possible – but it feels as if you’ve overstated the WPML relationship with Pinpoint a little bit “We have worked with WPML to ensure that Pinpoint provides 100% compatibility”.

As I say mostly I’ve been hugely impressed and don’t want to appear to be demanding unreasonable things from a WordPress theme, but this small flaw is causing me big problems!

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hey,

I’ll have to investigate this further with Ed upon his return next week, in the meanwhile can you please do a test with a post created with the Classic editor and let me know how that goes for you?

If it works, then we need to sort it out with the shortcode, as that should definitely not get in your way. Thanks for your patience with this.

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

lukozade

Thanks Cosmin,

It does work with the blog index page – which suggests that there’s perhaps an issue with the shortcode.

I’ll keep you posted on where I get to and if the WPML guys offer any kind of solution I’ll post that here too.

Thanks for your help so far! 🙂

Cheers,
    Luke

Cosmin – SUPPORT

I’ve informed Ed, we’ll get back to you next week. Thanks!

Regards,

Cosmin – Support

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Luke,

I haven’t seen this issue before..

Have you created a new page for each page that you have the page builder asset on, one for each language?

– Ed

lukozade

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I’ve got a translated version of the home page and both the two blog pages (one for the standard blog, one for video posts). At the moment I’m just using one alternate language – Chinese – although I’ve tested it in Spanish & Portuguese to make sure it’s not something odd happening just with the Chinese URLs etc.

On the home page, everything works apart from the blog post page elements which show the titles and nothing else.

On the two stand alone blog pages, it just displays the page title and side bar – the page appears blank. All that’s on there is the blog asset though of course.

I’ve been in contact with the WPML forums too and a guy from there is having a look for me, but so far I haven’t heard back.

Any additional help would be massively appreciated.

Thanks!

Luke

gab213

Hello yes same problem here.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Luke,

Let us know if you hear back from the WPML guy.

Are you sure you’ve got the thumbnails set for both versions of the post?

– Ed

n8-b

Hi Luke,

I’m having the same problem with WPML and the Neighborhood theme. Were you able to fix this or did you hear back from WPML on this issue?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Nathan

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register