New Landing How can we help? Cardinal WPML string translation plugin breaks theme options and menu settings page

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    lublasco

Hi,

since I installed the WPML plugin I’m having problems when trying to save theme or menu settings. The page just goes blank and the news settings are not saved.

I have gone through all plugins and believe that the problem is generated by the WPML string translation plugin. I do not experience the above problems when deactivating this necessary plugin.

Please could you have a look and give a solution?

Thanks in advance.

lublasco

Ah, I don’t know if this has something to do with the a.m. incidence, but the WPML plugins doesn’t find all the theme strings. E.g. the “share this” string and many others do not appear in the string translation pannel.

jonas

Hi,

having the same issues here…

Jonas

lublasco
    This reply has been marked as private.
    laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

1. For WPML errors, I suggest you to follow this steps http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ and Go to the pages that give blank or errors, copy and paste the contents of error_log.txt and open a new thread in their support forum.

2. Did you have the .po file, it has those strings in it. Make sure you are using the latest version of the theme.

Let us know,

Thanks,
    laranz.

lublasco

I did point 1, and this is the error: PHP Fatal error: “Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /usr/home/xxwebsitexx.com/web/wp-includes/query.php on line 28”

Regarding 2., I do have the po file with the missing strings.

Actually I think both problems (1 and 2) are the same. The WPML plugin just cannot register many of the themes strings.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi @lublasco,

That error is not normal, can you deactivate all the plugins to see if the error appears with the plugins deactivated?
    Then you need to activate them separately to find out what plugin is causing that.

-Rui

lublasco

OK. It seems that the error occurs only when the Woocommerce multilingual plugin is activated. In any other case, the string scanning does not give an error.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Maybe there not totally compatible. In this topic they said that is a problem from the WPML string translation
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/website-blank-after-wcml-activation

Try to post this question in WPML forum support, maybe they already have a fix for this.

-Rui

lublasco

Thanks, Rui. I’ll post them and will come back if there is a solution or another rebound of the incidence.

Nevertheless, I’m still not able to translate “Share this” or “Show all” strings. They are not found by the WPML plugin in the strings scanning…

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Ok. Let us know the result.
    You could try to do it with Poedit.

Translation

-Rui

lublasco

OK, I’ll try if the strings translation via WPML gives further errors. In which context should the a.m. strings be found? theme swiftframework?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

The “Share this” and “Show all” are inside the swiftframework domain language. Inside Cardinal/language folder in your correspondent language .po file

-Rui

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register