New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood wpml language issue with cart widget

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
    citycabber

Hi,

I’ve selected english, dutch and german in wpml. when i select dutch for instance (english is default) the language on the cart widget (when you hover over it) in the header stays in english. used string translation to translate. due to this problem, the direct on click to the cart url only goes to the english cart. not the translated page of the cart for the selected language. the wishlist and search work perfectly.

i thought is was a cache problem but cleared the cache in the browser but it still remains.

scintillamusic.com/lotsofvintage

Thanks!!!!

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

Try switching to the default theme, if the error still persists you need to contact the WPML support.

Let me know, What you got.

Thanks,
    laranz.

citycabber

Hi Laranz,

switching to the original neighborhood theme worked. switching back to the neighborhoodchild fixed the cart problem. so that is solved. Now only the wishlist redirect is only to english. So if i switch to dutch, and then click on wishlist, i go to the english wish list. in the twenty thirteen, the redirect to the dutch wish list works, so seems a problem in the neighborhood theme. also when i manually go to the dutch wish list the css doesn’t line up with the english version.

grts,

Patrick

citycabber

Hi Laranz,

i cheered too soon. the cart translation is not working again. ??? strange, when the over cart hover shows the english translation, the redirect is again to the english cart (shopping bag). the trick with activate twenty thirteen does not work anymore. when i’m in the twenty thirteen theme the translations work, and the redirect to the wish list and cart goes to the right language.

so unfortunately not solved yet.

thanks,

Patrick

citycabber

Issue redefined, when i use chrome as browser, the first time on the page it auto selects language due browser settings. Then the translation of the cart widget works. strangely enough when you then switch to another language it stays in the first language. so translations with wpml string translation works, but the cart does not update with the language switch.

thanks!!

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi citycabber,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I forward this to the developer, he will show you some insight about the problem.

Thanks for the patience.

Thanks,
    laranz.

juliuslt

Hello. I have the exact same problem. Can you please help me?

As well as that, when I’m in the checkout, the part “Your order summary” shows up in the translated language while loading, but then it changes back to main (English) language after it’s loaded. I need help with that as well. Website – tracyhandbags.com

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi @juliuslt,

Create a new thread and post your problem, so it is easy to track things.

Thanks,
    laranz.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hey guys,

Can you please confirm that you have Neighborhood v1.3.4?

– Ed

juliuslt

Yes, that is correct.

citycabber

yes me too

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Checked here and seems to be working fine for me, it’s likely just cached in your browser! https://www.dropbox.com/s/u02o5z2hbmhcbqw/Screenshot%202013-10-28%2010.22.20.png

– Ed

citycabber

Hi Ed,

Thanks for checking!! Really appreciate the support 🙂

When you have dutch selected as language, like on the png, and you then change back to english, does it stay in dutch or does it change back to english?
    I think it doesn’t refresh after a language change.

thanks again,

Patrick

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Ahh ok. I see the issue. It’s because the AJAX cart only updates when you add a product, not when you switch language. Can you provide me with a login to your site so that I can test a fix for this?

Thanks,

– Ed

juliuslt
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register