New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Pinpoint WPML Issues with pagination & thumbnails (blog.php?)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Posted in: Pinpoint
    elliea

Hi,

When the wpml plugin is enabled the thumbnails on the home page at ellieafter.com (a page design with the builder, using the blog shortcode) are not displayed in the main language and in translations. Also, the pagination does not work in the translation (English). Tested with different wpml versions, but without any results.

WPML support… You can see the thread at http://wpml.org/forums/topic/pagination-not-working-on-swiftideas-pinpoint-translated-blog-page/page/2/#post-276708, no solution besides a recommendation to get in touch with the theme author.

Hopefully you can provide guidance how to fix this.

Thank you,

Ellie

elliea

Anything that I can help with?
    Credentials or more info?

Regards,

Ellie

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

Make sure you set the feature images for both of the translated articles, also the Post the WP Login details as a private reply..

This topic is already reported to the developer, he will be in touch with you in short.

Thanks,
    laranz.

elliea
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Just spent the past hour looking into it, and the issue only occurs when that page is set to the home page, which leads me to believe that it must be a permalinks issue. Is there anything in the htaccess file that could be conflicting that you’re aware of? Can you try disabling any active plugins?

– Ed

elliea

Hi Ed,

Thank you for your time – very much appreciated!

The pagination issues seems to be gone – we have not done anything on our end, but this is good.

The second issue with the missing thumbnails persists – regardless of the plugins that are enabled.
    As for .htaccess – there is a rewrite rule in there, don’t know much about regex so I am not sure what it does.

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

When I disable WPML CMS (tried different versions, doesn’t matter) the thumbnails are displayed as expected.

Thank you!

Ellie

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

For the featured images, do you have the same image instance set for each post, or have you tried upload different images?

What version of Pinpoint are you using?

– Ed

elliea

Thank you for the question,
    For the thumbnails – I upload one and the same image twice – once for the original post and once for the translation.
    It used to work until I upgraded the WPML plugins and pinpoint to their latest versions as requested by the WPML support staff.

I really appreciate your support,
    Ellie

elliea

I just found and uploaded a very previous version of the WPML plugins:
    WPML CMS Nav Version 1.3
    WPML Media Version 1.4
    WPML Multilingual CMS Version 2.8.1
    WPML Sticky Links Version 1.3
    WPML String Translation Version 1.7

With this old version the post thumbnails are working. It is a temporary solution, as sometime in the future, I should upgrade the plugin.

So, there is an issue with some of WPML files, something was changed that affects the thumbnails.

Ellie

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

That is very odd. Might be best to check with WPML?

– Ed

elliea

It is odd, I wrote in the WPML forum about the issue.

Thank you!
    Ellie

Melanie – SUPPORT

Thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register