New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Woocommerce with Stripe Payment Gateway Issue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    Stephanie

Hi,

I have no idea if the theme is at fault or not but since I updated recently to 1.02 it’s a possibility.

My checkout is now broken and buggy as hell. I use Woocommerce with the Stripe Payment Gateway and when you load the checkout page a warning immediately comes up saying you have to agree to the terms and conditions, before you even get to fill in the checkout. Then when you try to agree to them, it’s completely messed up and doesn’t let you tick the box.

This is a huge, urgent problem for me, so forgive the hasty details but could you supply me with a link to the previous build of Cardinal so that I can test if the theme is at fault or not. It was previously working fine, I haven’t changed anything else since that I can think of so I need to check this.

Stephanie

Upon further troubleshooting I installed another woo-enabled wordpress theme and the error no longer occurs, so I think something must have been broken in the latest Cardinal update.

If you guys could check this out and fix it up that would be appreciated.

To replicate issue, visit site and go to pricing page, put something in the cart, go through to checkout – error comes up in pop up box prematurely, then page doesn’t allow you to accept terms and conditions.

I have tried deleting all custom-code, re-installing a fresh copy of Cardinal straight off Themeforest, and using different browsers/OS. The only thing that fixed the error was using another theme.

Stephanie

Abort abort! I have figured out it is NOT a fault of Cardinal.

Sorry to take up your time.

Stephanie

Okay. So turns out this is a theme thing after all. I went to the Woocommerce developers who checked it out for me and the have advised me it is a problem with my theme. What threw me off was I installed the Avada theme to test to see if it was Cardinal and the error continued so I thought it wasn’t the themes fault.

When the Woo developers installed a bunch of various wordpress and woocommerce developed themes, the error goes away (Twenty Fourteen, Thirteen, Twelve etc plus a few woocommerce themes for wordpress too. I forget the names of them all.)

Stephanie
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Stephanie
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

I will forward this to the developer and hopefully will get this fixed for you. In the meantime, please await his reply, as each time you post a new comment you are pushed to the back of the queue

– Kyle

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @Stephanie

That’s very odd!

Could you possibly provide me with an FTP account so that I can try and pinpoint the issue? Should allow me to track it down much quicker.

Thanks,

– Ed

Stephanie
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thank you – looking now!

– Ed

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Seems that the server is not available? Can you check?

– Ed

Stephanie

Blah I’m an idiot, sorry Ed. Take the “http://” bit off the host. That should do it.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Ok, so the issue appears to be with Bootstrap JS, but this only appears to happen with that stripe plugin you have – may be something you want to contact them about as really should be something they look into. Bootstrap 3 is a very common framework.

I’ve currently set it up for your site so that it doesn’t load on the checkout page, but this will mean we need to remove the help bar at the top?

Let me know.

– Ed

Stephanie

Hey Ed,

Thank you for looking into that. That explains why it was so confusing to tell if it was the themes fault, I must have tested it with another theme using Bootstrap as well.

I’ve advised the Stripe developer of your findings so will see if they are willing to do anything.

Anyway, for now, is it possible for you to provide instructions on the code changes I should do for the work-around you implemented? It’s completely fine to sacrifice the help bar at the top. I’ll need to implement this work-around on my main site – I just created this sub-domain to make it easier for you to test without the interference of all my other plugins. Plus I’ll want to keep implementing it when Cardinal updates.

Thanks again.

Steph

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Steph

The fix is simply functions.php line 226 changed to:

if (!function_exists('is_checkout') || !is_checkout()) {
    	wp_enqueue_script('sf-bootstrap-js');
    }

You could copy the parent sf_enqueue_scripts() function to a child theme and then you could overwrite it to remove this call.

Hope that helps.

– Ed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register