New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Woocommerce Translation

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    aovivo

Hello there,

there are a quite a lot parts in the WooCommerce Plug-In that are not translated in german. Any plans to adjust this in a next release?

in the meanwhile: i was trying to use the ‘Codestyling Lokalisierung ‘ which found the missing translations – which i translated. however it was not possible for me to get the translation working. i wonder if thats because i dont know where the PO/MO files of integrated WooCommerce are stored. or is there only ONE PO/MO file for the whole theme…

please advise.
    Thanks

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi,

did you check that out? http://support.swiftideas.net/knowledgebase/how-to-translate-the-theme/

You will always need to use codestyling localization or poedit in order to translate the theme.

aovivo

Yes I did check that.
    I have translated the ‘/wp-content/themes/neighborhood/language/de_DE.po’
    file. Most of the expressions were translated, HOWEVER i miss some translation in scroll down menues (and in other sections) – such as ‘sort by newness’, ‘sort by popularity’, etc…

once i use the codestyling localization – i can see and translate the ‘includes/swift-framework/meta-box/lang/de_DE.po’ file.. but the changes do not appear.

i wonder what the correct path and PO files are to get passages translated.

What i also noticed is that the ‘codestyling localization’ does not work on all the themes files…

please advise

PS.: see attached image files

Melanie – SUPPORT

Have you also translated the woocommerce po and mo files in the woocommerce language folder?

aovivo

which is…?

aovivo

WooCommerce has german translation already installed in the respective folders
    such /wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/i18n/languages/formal/woocommerce-de_DE.po
    or /wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/i18n/languages/informal/woocommerce-de_DE.po

as far as i can see in ‘codestyling localization’ exactly these files are installed and referred to as the translated files.

HOWEVER the ‘codestyling localization’ plug-in points out that these files are probably causing trouble. as far as i can understand the error code tells us that ‘the author is using load_textdomain instead of load_plug_in_textdomain’

i googled and noticed that there are other themes experiencing the same issue which was solved in a following update.

please advise. i dont know else to look. all translations were made – they just dont show up… note: this is only in some parts! the rest works just fine
    thanks

Ps.: i have attached the screenshot of codestyling livalization i was referring to…

aovivo
    This reply has been marked as private.
    chukwustinson

Hallo Aovivo,

Hast du das hinbekommen, dass komplett auf deutsch zu stellen? Ich habe nämlich noch Probleme damit und bräuchte Hilfe

aovivo

leider nein. ich habe alle notwendigen po files übersetzt aber irgenwie wird nur auf die theme-eigenen po’s zurückgegriffen und die scheinen nicht alle quellbegriffe zu beinhalten. kurzum: ich bin auch nicht weiter gekommen… sorry. warten wir ab.

aovivo

OK – FOUND IT…

this seems to be a WooCommerce/Theme specific weird error for the german Translation.
    After always ending in NOT retrieving the already translated PO files (PO Edit oder CL) there is a specific PLUG-IN by David Decker that solves almost all WooCommerce Translations (German only) at once. I just installed and tested it:

checkt out yourself: http://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-de/

Melanie – SUPPORT

So it works now?

(English only in these forums please.)

aovivo

it does.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Fantastic!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register