New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood woocommerce sidebar like demo

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    artshowapplepie

Hi !

I’ve been trying my butt of the whole evening and searched the forum for answers but couldn’t get my problem solved.

I’m trying to set a category/brand filter like on your demo page (Shop – with left sidebar). When i click on any brand on your demopage, the page loads with only the chosen new items and a is added to the woocommerce price filter.

I’ve managed to set up the price filter and it works fine when i filter on any price, but i can’t get my category menu the same as yours, all it does when i click on an item it loads a new page with the items but it doesn’t show the full left sidebar.. it only shows the menu but the filter and price filter disappeared.

I added some screenshots as i’m using a under construction frontpage for the website but i will be more than happy to provide you access to the admin so you can see the page.

Best Ankie

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

I see you have the WooCommerce Layered Nav added to the sidebar, therefore it must be something to do with your setup, please could you provide me with a link and login and mark your comment as private reply. I can then look at why it’s not showing up

– Kyle

artshowapplepie
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok I have found the issue, you have set categories as attributes. For things like necklaces, rings, earrings etc you use categories. Attributes are for things like color, size, brand etc. So the attribute name would be ‘color’ then you set your terms for that attribute like blue, red, green etc

Do you understand?

– Kyle

artshowapplepie

Uhmmm i’m cracking my brain now to see if i get it haha.

So for instance i have to set a attribute with the name ‘color’ and than add necklaces there ?
    Not sure if i really get it sorry..

Kyle – SUPPORT

No, Categories and Attributes are 2 completely different things.

Rings, Necklaces etc are categories of product, you when you add a product, you assign the product to a category, or multiple categories. You may not use attributes, but if you did it would probably be things like, Carat, Brand etc

– Kyle

artshowapplepie

Ohhh ok i think i kind of get it. So what if i would make ‘brands’ out of my categories so i can still sort them by type of jewelry, so for instance if people would click necklaces that necklaces would be a brand on it’s own with all necklaces products in there ?

Sorry for my stupidness i can’t seem to figure it out, and i really love your demo with the filter option, and now it won’t stay visible after loading a page :-$

Kyle – SUPPORT

But ‘necklaces’ isn’t a brand is it? It’s a category.

The TYPE of product will use categories. So for a clothes site it would be ‘T-Shirts, Jeans, Jumpers, Jackets, Shoes’ etc.

ATTRIBUTES are pieces of data which can add more technical information to a product and help users further refine your catalog while browsing / searching.

Is categories the only filter your having? If so, set it up as an attribute if you want, so go to Attributes, then add ‘Categories’ as an attribute, then the terms for the attribute would be your categories

– Kyle

artshowapplepie

Hi Kyle,

Sorry totally makes sense now !! Early monday morning i think 😉

Categories are for now the only thing i’m using although i also placed the same tags as categories on the products, hoping that would solve my problem.

I’ll go try to add categories as an attribute later to see what it does ! If that doesn’t do the trick i’ll keep it as it is now haha

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok no problem

– Kyle

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register