New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Woocommerce Shortcode to display products use your demo height and multi pic

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years by david.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    kingrobb

Hello again.. (sorry for all these questions today. I am doing development and running into one issue after another).

I have two pages that display a product category.

1) One uses your default category set up
    http://icancanopy.com/shop/product-category/canopies/

2) the other uses the Woocommerce shortcode
    [product_category category=”canopies” per_page=”12″ columns=”3″ orderby=”name” order=”desc”]
    http://icancanopy.com/shop/canopies/
    This one does not seem to work correctly as to the sizes set by Woocommerce and instead seems to look like your demo height and you can also see secondary pic there as well – even though I have turned “Product Overlay Transition” to off.

ALSO – and I dont know if I should start a new Topic for this but please note on both pages above and on home page that the rollover on the product thumbs no longer brings up the “Select Options” and/or “Read More” buttons either.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Apologies again for the delay in reply.

We don’t actually recommend using the standard WooCommerce shortcodes. There isn’t any special css there to increase the width of items based on the number of columns, but we’re fixing the issue of the image hovers not working with them. We’re also adding categories to the page builder product elements in the next update.

To fix the rollover, add the following to the custom css box within theme options:

li.product figcaption .shop-actions {
    min-height: 40px;
    }

– Ed

kingrobb

Thanks … rollover is now fixed.
    The issue though with the woocommerce shortcode is not the width as you say but more so with the following css designation in your theme…

.woocommerce ul.products li.product figure {
    box-shadow: 0 8px 6px -7px #999999;
    margin-bottom: 20px;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding-bottom: 320px;
    position: relative;
    }

.. specifically the “padding-bottom: 320px;”. Although this can not be removed. The fix is to set it to the height of the category thumbs. It would be good to be able to simply remove the overflow:hidden and the padding-bottom THEN the box sizes to match the column width and is more variable for various column widths. But I guess the problem is then how to slide in or reveal you <figcaption> stuff. You would have to come up with a different way to deal with that. But if you did, your theme would be more compatible with woocommerce.

To my thinking, if you are going to remove some of the functionality of woocommerce by suggesting that people don’t use their shortcodes, then it would nice if you offered your own shortcodes that did the same thing but using code that works with your theme functionality. But I guess that is one of the things you are working on in your next theme update … which will be good to see. Thanks.

david

Thank you! I was looking for that solution!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register