New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante WooCommerce 3.0 gallery

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    costin

Hi,

Just updated to WooCommerce, latest version and we are not happy with the way the gallery is not handled. I have 2 questions please:
    – what is the standard/recommended photo size to upload to the gallery
    – is there any setting for the new way of handling the images in gallery or custom css to revert this to the old Dante styling?
    – how can I remove the zoom effect and the magnifier icon?

Thank you,
    Costin

David Martin – Support

Hi,

WooCommerce 3+ was a huge change which very much forced our hand in having to alter the gallery output for compatibility reasons.

1) That depends on what you have set in: WooCommerce > Settings > Products > Display
    The size ratio will depend on those settings. But generally 1200px x 900px would create a decent output. You need to use this plugin to rebuild your thumbnails: https://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/

2) No not anymore, what are you looking to alter?

3) Disable the option: Theme Options => WooCommerce Option => Enable image zoom on product images

costin

Hi,

1) Check the screenshot, please. I had 90 x 90, changed, regenerate but nothing changed on the gallery below the single product page photo. I can test with 1200×900 px but I’m looking for a crystal clear image not “decent output”. As you can imagine we base our product selling very much on images!

2) I need to have the thumbnails under the main image on single product page as before and as here http://dante.swiftideas.com/product/common-projects-achilles-low-black/ . Now they are too big and on several lines/columns

3) It’s already disabled since 2 days. I want to remove the icon and zoom effect – check screenshot please and the live product https://friendsyachting.com/yachts/full-moon-party-3-10-june-2017/

4) Another bug after update to latest version of Dante (check screenshot) – the buttons to edit the shortcodes on page are not there anymore. At mouse over only some lines are appearing but not the small icons for edit, duplicate, delete.

I will appreciate your help and eventually, please inform Ed about this bugs for a swift fix.

Thank you,
    Costin

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

1) As mentioned, you need to use this plugin to rebuild your thumbnails after changing the size: https://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/.

You have the images vastly too small. An absolute minimum for those should be 140×140.

2) This has been caused by WC 3+. It’s not possible to revert to that layout.

3) This has been caused by WC 3+. Please install and activate the supplied child theme, inside the child theme functions.php file paste this:

remove_theme_support( 'wc-product-gallery-lightbox' );

4) Can you add your FTP details, I see that also but cannot replicate on my dev version.

costin

1) As I’ve said in my previous reply “I had 90 x 90, changed, regenerate“. So I’ve used the plugin but nothing happened
    What exactly will happen if I change to 90×90?

2) Nothing at all? As I’ve seen your demo I thought that maybe you have already did something…

3) I put it in the functions.php of Dante but doesn’t seem to work

4) Not at this time, but can you use the Theme Options/Editor instead? Or you need to check folder/file permissions?

Thank you,
    Costin

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Sorry for the delay because of the easter holidays.
    I just sent this to David so he can reply.

-Rui

costin

Hi,

Could someone get back to this ticket, please?

Thank you.

David Martin – Support

You had not changed the image size:

I changed that to 145×145 and rebuilt the thumbnails for you. The resolution is now fine:

I would suggest you remove your custom right margin for those thumbnails as it’s causing an issue to only show 3 and not 4.

costin

Hi,

Thank you for this. Which custom right margin? I don’t see it…
    Could you please check how I can remove the icon and zoom effect from the main image?

Thank you.

David Martin – Support

You’ve added it here:

I instructed you above how to remove the magnify effect. First you must install the and activate the child theme.

costin

Where you can see this code? I can’t see it in custom css…

Is it mandatory to add it in a child theme? I’ve added directly in functions.php but it didn’t work…

David Martin – Support

1) Maybe you are using a 3rd party plugin?

2) Yes, in the child theme please.

Thanks.

costin

1) I’ve disabled Easy Lightbox WordPress. Do you still see it?

2) There is no other solution to add a code in the main theme?

Thank you.

David Martin – Support

1) My appologies, it’s no longer there for me:

2) A child theme is the standard WordPress way.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register