New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Width Size – Bugs in different pages

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    dothedance

Hello guys,
    I think it’s better to create a new post, so here we can discuss only this problem.

So, if you access http://dsgnoverdose.com, you can see some little bugs on the width sizes and content position:

HOMEPAGE
    – Different space between first and second column and second and third column (this is strange and recent, everything was fine and I don’t know what happened)
    – On the third column (sidebar) you can see that social media bar and newsletter box are “outside” the container.
    – The “Graphic Design Collections” row is more bigger (width) than others. Why? Don’t want that.
    – The next row (more blog posts) has the space between columns fine… I’m confused.
    – I set the page width (on theme options) to 990. However, if you look at the big adsense banner on the bottom of homepage, it’s outside the container too (but it only has 970px…). Why is this happening?

POST / ARTICLE
    – The post body is outside container – in this case to the left. Isn’t aligned with logo.

CATEGORY PAGE
    – Content outside container – in this case on the right.

BLOG
    The solution I found for the pagination problem is to create a new page (called it blog) and put a block to get all the articles, so people the homepage doesn’t get reload everytime (hope you can work on a better solution in the future!).
    However, I have little problems with spaces/width.
    As you can see here (http://www.dsgnoverdose.com/blog/), the content is aligned with the menu on the right but not in the left – content pushed into.
    It’s supposed to be 990px wide but the adsense banner (970px) is outside the container!

It’s not necessary to be 990px wide, I just want the columns to be perfect and to have a page beautiful symmetrical. Some of this problems with the misaligned content becomes after I solved another one: I had a black bar on the right of post articles (only) and Rui told me to use this code: http://i.gyazo.com/5e2cb4132e63202285bdda717b55334e.png

dothedance
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

HOME
    I just added some css which we’ve got in the next update (this fixed the blog section below the graphic design section). Check this image now for the grid to see it’s the correct alignment – https://www.dropbox.com/s/62f0ny2083sad25/Screenshot%202015-05-01%2002.06.18.png?dl=0

Adsense banner fine too – https://www.dropbox.com/s/eh8c6nh07inc6q3/Screenshot%202015-05-01%2002.12.47.png?dl=0

POST / ARTICLE
    Showing fine here – is this still an issue?

CATEGORY PAGE
    This is fine here too..

BLOG
    Only thing here out of line is the adsense (too wide).

990px includes 15px padding each side by the way (bootstrap setup).

Hope that helps.

– Ed

dothedance

Oh, great Ed! Thanks a lot. I think my blog is almost finished, only need to do some continuously work.

Yes, I fixed some things, others I just removed the code.

Adsense banner on blog page is not a problem by now. I insist and ask you to think on a better blog pagination for a future update! This blog page can work now but that’s not a perfect solution… And I don’t need to explain why, I know you understand (better than me!).

Just a small thing on mobile: post article content has no margin on the left. Normally I can find by myself how to change that on desktop but I don’t really know how to that for mobile lol. If you can help I appreciate.

Thanks!

dothedance

I think my page is too slow and I tried to paste all the custom css code on child theme, removing it from theme options, but it’s not working. Why isn’t it working? I already used it, before the update problem, but now I’m having some troubles.

Any tips how to improve page speed?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Regarding the css in the child theme, maybe you have to add the !important tag to some of the rules because the css rules precedence.

Regarding you previous topic, will forward to Ed so he can read your suggestions.

-Rui

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Fixed the mobile spacing for the next update, fix with this css:

@media only screen and (max-width: 767px) {
    .single-post .content-left, .single-post .left-sidebar {
          padding-left: 15px;
    }
    }

FYI – having the css in the custom css is by far the quickest way to load it. Check out WP Super Cache to speed things up.

– Ed

Ilya
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@Ilya – Doesn’t look like the same issue – please log a new topic for this.

– Ed

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register