New Landing How can we help? Cardinal When I Activate The Theme My Site Crashes

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    Sercan

Hi,

I first uploaded the CARDINAL theme to learn and play with the settings etc.
    It was extremely slow, you wouldn’t believe. You almost had to wait for more than a minute to see something at least. That’s why i installed wp all over and re-uploaded the cardinal.zip. Now this is what I’m stuck with: IT DOESNT WORK AT ALL!

when I click on the home page of course before no settings are changed just uploaded and headed to the homepage to see how does it look, but it keeps giving 500 internal server error.

PLS help as soon as possible I’m going crazy here

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

That’s a problem with your host. 500 internal server error is when your server is down, hence ‘server error’. This would also be the reason it was really slow before, I think you need to upgrade to a better host. As you can see on our demos they all load in sub 2 seconds

– Kyle

Sercan

Hi Kyle,

But I’m not having trouble with other themes, if I activate another theme the site just works fine. It only happens when I activate Cardinal.

By the way thanks for responding fastly

Sercan

Now I talked to my hosting company they checked and said that “meta-box.php” keeps giving error, also when I click on theme settings I see the same 500 error.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Well that error is a server error, it may not support our theme. Please can you check with your hosts? They will be able to tell you why you get that error

– Kyle

Sercan

Now I talked to my hosting company they checked and said that “meta-box.php” keeps giving error, also when I click on theme settings I see the same 500 error.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok I will forward this to the developer to check

– Kyle

Sercan

thank you kyle

Kyle – SUPPORT

No problem

– Kyle

Sercan

When can I get an answer from developer ? I need this theme to work badly like tomorrow 🙁

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @Sercan,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues – but these have absolutely nothing to do with the theme, they are server errors.

It sounds like you may need to ask your host to increase php memory limits, or if they are unwilling to help, I would seriously suggest moving to a better host – they are passing the buck here. I know you have said it works with other themes, however I doubt they have as much functionality as Cardinal – that’s not to say it’s bloated or slow, but even the most basic of hosts should have the capability to power it.

Hope that helps.

– Ed

Sercan

Hi,

They increased php memory limits but it didn’t help.

What can I do now?

By the way, that hosting company is one of the best hosting companies in Istanbul if not the best and my hosting package is a premium one.

the hosting company said “it’s supposed to be the theme’s problem because we see nothing here except one file keeps fulling the error log (swift-framework/meta-box/inc/meta-box.php) and when you change the theme the site just works fine.”

🙁

Sercan

ok I listened your advice and bought a small hosting package on godaddy.com now it just works fine thank you by the way I will deal with the hosting company when I’m done with this

thank you again for everything

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok no problem!

– Kyle

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register