New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante What is the standard image size / ratio for the parallax theme

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    Frank

Hi, we are trying to set up a parallax pages similar to the one in the demo.

http://dante.swiftideas.net/parallax-page-demo/

What is the standard image size / ratio for the parallax theme that will work across devices?

We are struggling to define an image size with a height and width ratio that works well with this theme and its not written anywhere as far as we can see in the documentation.

We are struggling a bit with the way it crops the images when it is viewed on a mobile.

Also, on the mobile device the font in this parralax theme is not recognising Palatino and is defaulting to a sans-serif text.

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

we generally recommend images over 1600 wide / whatever height the asset would be at it’s max height.

You mean the the Palatino font face font didn’t work on mobile, did other font face font working on the mobile?

Let us know,

Thanks,
    laranz.

Frank

Hi there,

thanks for the guideline on image size.

As for the Palatino linotype issue, I don’t know if other fonts dont’t display but I know this one does not. This now occured on iphones and desktops (imac 27). I am surprised this happens as the font is part of the default font option the theme offers and pretty common.

Could you please how advise how to fix this issue?

Thanks

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

Can you give a link to the problematic URL, so that I can debug and let you know.

Let us know,

Thanks,
    laranz.

Frank

Hi Laranz,

the url is revisionsociety.com and the problem is pretty much on every page on iphone and some desktop computers.
    Palatino Linotype is replaced by a sans serif font.

Thanks for looking into this.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

I forward this to ED, did that happen on the slider alone or on the whole site?

Let us know,

Thanks,
    laranz.

Frank

Hi,

This happens on all the pages of the site. See another screen capture where the text should be displayed with palatino Linotype.

Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

How did you include the font? The font isn’t being loaded anywhere, which is why you see the fallback font. In this instance it would only show on machines which have the font present.

– Ed

Frank

Hi Ed,

Thanks for your reply. I simply picked it in the “theme options” interface under:
    Font options > body font : Standard and then selected Palatino Linotype in the dropdown menu.
    Does the font need to be uploaded on the server then?

Thanks,

Frank

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thanks Frank.

Just fixed this for the update I’ll be pushing live later on today.

– Ed

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register